Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

Here's the offical release from the Reds:

REDS TRADE DUNN TO DIAMONDBACKS

Receive Three Players From Arizona

CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Reds today acquired from the Arizona Diamondbacks RHP Dallas Buck and 2 players to be named later in exchange for OF Adam Dunn and cash.

Buck, 24, this season went 1-4 with a 3.94 ERA in 9 games and 8 starts with Class A South Bend. Last Monday he was promoted to High Class A Visalia and made one appearance, pitching 5.0 shutout innings Thursday vs San Jose. He will be assigned to Class A Sarasota.

Buck was selected by Arizona in the third round of the 2006 first-year player draft. He attended Oregon State University, where he was a member of the 2006 NCAA national championship team. He made his professional debut last season by going 4-4 with a 3.41 ERA in 16 starts with Visalia.

Dunn batted .233 with 32 home runs and 74 RBI in 114 games with the Reds.

The Reds have not announced who will replace Dunn on the 25-man roster.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

We aren't going to get Parker or Scherzer, so stop saying it. Adam Dunn isn't worth that type of return with his contract status. Not even close.

Paul wins the battle, now we can look forward to him scapegoating the next player who doesn't play by the rules that Daugherty deems important.

I'll miss Dunn, but he's gone and what happens next will at least be interesting, if not intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    I really hope Patterson plays every day. Because when I look back on the 2008 Reds, I want to tell people that I saw one of the worst players in baseball history get 400 plate appearances for a hapless franchise in the most hapless decade in that franchise's history.
    I kind of agree. One day, Patterson will be emblematic of how bad things were during this lost decade (+?) of Reds baseball.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I guess you have to tear it down before you can build it up.

Jocketty will need to earn his keep in the off-season.

Reds have some serious holes. Hopefully, they have some cash to fill them.
    Maybe Bavasi was just hired as a glorified gofer. You know, bring Walt hus lunch, file paperwork, etc. Jocketty's certainly going to need a lot of coffee this off-season, and a "special assistant" could really help him out that way.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Until we know who we're getting it's hard to comment on the wisdom of it

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Paul wins the battle, now we can look forward to him scapegoating the next player who doesn't play by the rules that Daugherty deems important.

I'll miss Dunn, but he's gone and what happens next will at least be interesting, if not intriguing.
    I wonder if "couch" was really an epithet for "Adam Dunn." Guess we'll see if there's another column next year about this time...
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Couch 1: Dunn 0

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    We're getting no one.

Dougdirts gotta be happy about this one.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    We aren't going to get Parker or Scherzer, so stop saying it. Adam Dunn isn't worth that type of return with his contract status. Not even close.
    Maybe not. If the Reds threw in some cash, as the release says, that may improve the quality of the return. I can't imagine they'd kick in cash for Buck and some filler. Esp for just 2 months of Dunn.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Pages are adding up faster than I can read...

Count me as selfish but if it's any team, I am glad it's Arizona! Reds fan first, D-Backs second.
    Pennant or bust!

The series on September 12, 13 and 14 could be quite interesting. Too bad it is not a home series.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm not going to hold my breath that the PTBNLs are anything of value -- they are rarely better than scratch-off lottery tickets as far as prospects go.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

The Cincinnati Reds today acquired from the Arizona Diamondbacks RHP Dallas Buck and 2 players to be named later in exchange for OF Adam Dunn and cash.
    Edit: NM
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Surely you do not think that Daugherty's article subliminally influenced the front office

Turn Off Ads?