Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I've just read this entire thread. My take, the sky isn't falling. In fact, I may see a rainbow.

I loved when Adam Dunn hit a home run to win a game. But I equally hated seeing him muff routine plays in the outfield and strikeout when runners were in scoring position. Just last week, here in D.C., I saw him look just lost in LF (note to AZ: he can't play RF). I also was disappointed with him in '05 when he said he didn't want to play 1b after trying it out in spring training.

Overall, the Reds can be in last place without him just like they were with him. But now they go in the offseason with alot of cash, a young talented starting rotation and a GM with a track record. So, I'm not upset, just sorry the Dunn-Griffey years didn't turn out better. And now we'll see if those two are truly winners and make it to the post-season.
    Jay Bruce has 112 strikeouts this year combined between Louisville and Cincinnati. Dunn merely has eight more with 120.

Perhaps you should put a picture of Bruce underneath your RZ moniker.

With Dunn and Griffey gone, Bruce and his strikeouts are next. I can't wait for the torches and pitchforks crowd to turn their attention to him, because it's not far off.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Well, people criticized Walt for not doing anything, for not taking the best offer, even if it's only 70 cents on the dollar..Well, it looks like he's doing that. Ross is on his way out, and now Dunn.

I'm not surprised at all. All signs pointed to Dunn not coming back next year.
    "The Losing Stops NOW!"
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    We get it doug, you hate Dunn and his lack of defense, you love Bailey and his upside and Stubbs and whatever it is about Stubbs you love.

I guess now we'll see what Dunn's worth from either the Diamondbacks (a smart organization) or the open market.

When all the dust settles, we'll ultimately realize how bad of a trade this was, how horrible this organization is, and there will be no end in sight of the losing.

But at least we have Homer on the AAA to Cincy merry-go-round, and we can count on Stubbs to make his impact in Cincy circa 2011.

Can't wait...
    Doug hates Dunn?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Jay Bruce has 112 strikeouts this year combined between Louisville and Cincinnati. Dunn merely has eight more with 120.

Perhaps you should put a picture of Bruce underneath your RZ moniker.

With Dunn and Griffey gone, Bruce and his strikeouts are next. I can't wait for the torches and pitchforks crowd to turn their attention to him, because it's not far off.

Get yer marshmallows.

I got mine.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

What good is a lot of cash going to do? How are the going-nowhere Reds going to attract any talent worth spending that money on?

I guess they could trade for Jose Guillen. He strikes out less than Dunn, right?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    A more thorough discussion is back on page 23. The correct answer is actually "maybe".
    lets' see 24 year old in A ball, average velocity when healthy but has struggled with the velocity post TJ.

Maybe is wishful thinking. Unless he makes a huge leap in performance the next 12 months he is headed for the dustbin.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Doug hates Dunn?
    Since he joined the board around 05 or so.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Jocketty was on his way to the Dominican Republic immediately after the trade and could not be reached for comment.
    Atta boy Walt. Trade Dunn to Arizona and leave the country. Probably the smartest thing you've done all day...

Except Bruce hits. .275-.280. That makes a big difference for people who "just want batting average."
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I totally understand your thinking there, but c'mon.

You're telling me that you're actually gonna wait before you blow your top?

Do it now. It'll make you feel better.
    Yeah I'm going to wait, because I'm not a six year old girl threathening to pee my pants if I don't get my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'd be shocked if the PTBNL were anything more than back-end throw ins from the low minors.
    If that's the case then we got screwed. WJ should have not sent them $$ and should have gotten the draft pick compensation.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Somebody needs to quickly tell him to run out to his position and slide frequently while on base.

Oh yeah, and it wouldn't hurt to change your name to "Rose" either.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Get yer marshmallows.

I got mine.
    I've got a dozen bags ready.

Meanwhile, let's get Encarnacion moved out to left field with Keppinger going to third base and Alex Gonzalez playing shortstop. And when that offense doesn't score, we'll watch the torches light Jay Bruce up.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Yeah I'm going to wait, because I'm not a six year old girl threathening to pee my pants if I don't get my way.
    I'd go for the tantrum first.

The folks might call a pants-peeing bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I forgot.

You're the wise old sage that knows how everyone should act and feel about everything.

Turn Off Ads?