Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I started listening to WLW to get the latest and there was David Weathers and Brandon Phillips saying that something had to be done and seemed OK with the trade which surprised me. A lot. Whether it's just re-stating the company line or not, George Grande, Marty, and Brantley seemed to be fine with the trade.
    Sometimes I wonder why there is so much indifference on Dunn. And not just from the fans and media, but the team as well. There's always been a lot of smoke around the guy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    That seems to refute the notion that there was little interest out there for Dunn.
    Not really. Some may have claimed him just to block another team. If the Reds let him go, all they'd be on the hook for was the rest of his salary.

Giving up players is another story.

On the players to be named: "The other two have already been determined. It's just the fact you have to go through procedures at this point."

"We’re not allowed to say who claimed him, but there were many clubs that did claim him."
    Interesting. Very interesting.

If there were other teams that claimed him and the Reds already know which players they got, perhaps this a better return than we all generally think. It sounds like there may have been a Dunn market afterall.

Owings-Parra-Buck?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Sabathia and Lowe?
    They won't get Sabathia, and I have no interest in getting Lowe. Not going to give a 36 year old multiple years.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post

If there were other teams that claimed him and the Reds already know which players they got, perhaps this a better return than we all generally think. It sounds like there may have been a Dunn market afterall.

Owings-Parra-Buck?
    Like I implied earlier- if we get those three, I'll buy walt Jocketty a case of Hudepohl.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post

Owings-Parra-Buck?
    So if there are teams expressing interest now via the waiver process, where were they at the trade deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    They won't get Sabathia
    While that is true, Baseball Prospectus wrote a few weeks ago that baseball insiders expect the Reds to be a dark horse candidate to land Sabathia.

I'd love to see what direction the Cards will take with Carpenter in the offseason. I'd be inquiring like heck about him.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    He's coming off Tommy John surgery.
    I'm sure he'll be back to striking out the world once he's healthy. Disregard the fact that he's never struck out a batter an inning, not even in college, and just had surgery. His groundball tendencies are nice and he'd be a fine sleeper, but give me a break.

If Dallas Buck is the centerpiece of a Dunn deal, Jocketty is insane. If you don't want him just take the draft picks. The players to be named better be something worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    Dallas Buck has a 4.7 K/9 this season, as a 23 year old in A ball.
    but he's a good prospect, don't let anybody tell you different.

I'm sure he'll be back to striking out the world once he's healthy. Disregard the fact that he's never struck out a batter an inning, not even in college, and just had surgery. His groundball tendencies are nice and he'd be a fine sleeper, but give me a break.

If Dallas Buck is the centerpiece of a Dunn deal, Jocketty is insane. If you don't want him just take the draft picks. The players to be named better be something worthwhile.
    The Reds' pitchers K the universe but they suck fiercely. I'm all for trying the groundball route.

Um, I never said that. I won't be happy if he's the centerpiece either, all I was doing was pointing out that he was just returning from Tommy John surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    This is complete bull. The Reds can't score runs right now. Now they'll have the WORST offense in baseball. I have lost all faith in the Reds after this. I really hate the Reds right now. I won't watch a game the rest of the year. I hate Jocketty, I hate Baker, and I hate Castellini. I hope Dunn kills this team every time he bats against them right now.
    Today the reds front office oficially proved to me that they don't care if we win or not.We have oficially turned into the Pittsburg Pirates and people we will stay that way for a very very very long time.I have tried to bite my tongue and not critisize the reds front office but I can't hold it in no more.The people who run this team aren't worth a crap and they will never try and turn the reds into a contending team b/c they are so tight with their money and the only thing they will do is keep that money in their pockets for them selfs not for the reds.

Each and everyone of you reds fans should boycott and not go to another reds game this year.If the reds front office wants a losing team every year then lets see how they like it with a empty stadium every night.I would love to see that and I would applaud the reds fans for standing up and showing the reds organzation what they really think of how they are running the Cincinnati Reds.

Theres no way in the world the reds will win now exspecially without the 40+hr and 100+rbi in the lineup.I hope Adam Dunn kills the reds every time he plays them and makes the reds pay for this awful trade.Dunner,could have been in our lineup for a very long time and would have put up monster numbers for us. Thanks to the money hungry reds owners now it will never happen.Adam Dunn I wish you the best of luck and please destroy the reds everytime they play you.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    but he's a good prospect, don't let anybody tell you different.
    We get it already. We got it the first half-dozen times. Surely you have some other insight to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Today the reds front office oficially proved to me that they don't care if we win or not.We have oficially turned into the Pittsburg Pirates and people we will stay that way for a very very very long time.I have tried to bite my tongue and not critisize the reds front office but I can't hold it in no more.The people who run this team aren't worth a crap and they will never try and turn the reds into a contending team b/c they are so tight with their money and the only thing they will do is keep that money in their pockets for them selfs not for the reds.

Each and everyone of you reds fans should boycott and not go to another reds game this year.If the reds front office wants a losing team every year then lets see how they like it with a empty stadium every night.I would love to see that and I would applaud the reds fans for standing up and showing the reds organzation what they really think of how they are running the Cincinnati Reds.

Theres no way in the world the reds will win now exspecially without the 40+hr and 100+rbi in the lineup.I hope Adam Dunn kills the reds every time he plays them and makes the reds pay for this awful trade.Dunner,could have been in our lineup for a very long time and would have put up monster numbers for us. Thanks to the money hungry reds owners now it will never happen.Adam Dunn I wish you the best of luck and please destroy the reds everytime they play you.
    Can we cool it on statements like this...they are ridiculous to post if you are a Reds fan. Best of luck to Adam...just not against the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?