Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

I was in attendance to see Dunn play his last three games in a Reds uniform.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    We get it already. We got it the first half-dozen times. Surely you have some other insight to offer?
    obviously not

He's great ... rumor has it he once was lights out in the college WS before his arm fell off.

Harold Reynolds and Vinny Micucci break down Adam Dunn's trade to the D-backs

Video: http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/...91918&c_id=ari

Just saw this a few minutes ago. Can't say it caught me totally off guard but it sure raises a lot of thoughts and questions with very few answers.

[B]*B] The knocks on AD has always been defense, his hot/cold streaks and the perception that he is a 3-outcome (HR/BB/K) players. Thi deal tells me that they are looking to tighten up this defense and try to diversify the offense to become less-reliant on the longball. Whether getting rid of Dunnis a plus or whether they can do much about it iin one offseason is very debateable.

* When does Byrnes, come back from the DL? Is he signed for next year? Could he be one of the PTBNL?

* What do the D-Bags have of interest in the way of OF's, SS's & C's?

* What dfoes this mean for Votto (!B or LF?) and/or EdE (3B? 1B? or LF?)?

*Now that the die is cast, it's time to get rid of guys like Weathers, Affeldt, Valenzuela, Dickerson, ect. (anybody that aren't aren't going to be back) and start auditioning guys like Dickerson, Roenicke, Rosales, Hanigan, Cumberland, Richar, Fisher, Rodriquez, etc. It probably puts some guys like Henry, Stubbs, Frazier, Stewart and even Alonzo (if he signs) in play at some point next season.

*I pray that at least one of today's PTBNLs can help next year's big club on a regular basis.

* This team must add at least one offensive force (who is a plus defender) before next season. Thsat would be easier if there were going to be somebody like Beltran, Guerrero, Berkman, etc. on the FA market and the Reds could compete for them. Other than Texiera, I see no one like that.

There's always the trade market, but with all the guys leaving in FA, I don't see many trade options that wouldn't just open holes elsewhere. Oh, I guess someon might off something useful for Arroyo or Homer Walt might pull a srrprise and get a strong return for Phillips Harang and/or Cordero.

He could also do some juggling and sign a journeyman-type 1B or LF stopgap freeing EdE or Votto for a deal. Rifht now, Bruce, Cueto, Volquez and Burton are about the only members of the current 25-man roster that I feel confident in projecting to next year's opening-day roster.

BTW, this deal is mu fault. I bought tickets for the Friday and Saturday games last night.

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Adam Dunn I wish you the best of luck and please destroy the reds everytime they play you.
    I root for the uniform, never against it.

So if we know who the 3 are then they are on waivers and we are waiting for them to clear??? That means they have to be on the 40 man, correct?

So it has to be 2 of the following as outlined earlier by someone else, unless I have the above wrong.

Pitcher's
    Emiliano Fruto 24
    Juan Gutierrez 25
    Micah Owings 26
    Jailen Peguero 27
    Max Scherzer 24 (Unlikely but fits the profile)
    Esmerling Vazquez 25 (to be 26 in Nov.)

Catcher
    Wilkin Castillo 24

1B
    Javier Brito 25
    Josh Whitesell 26

Of those I would take Whitesell and Owings probably as the best package. Until of course I look at these other youngsters and see what they have done.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Pretty interesting considering that "no teams" wanted Dunn and his value was actually way lower than we thought.
    But it's also kind of telling that nearly half the ML teams DID pass on him completely. We know that Arizona claimed him, but we don't know how many teams above them did. But the fact that 15 of the 29 teams at the minimum did pass on him is pretty telling IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The Reds' pitchers K the universe but they suck fiercely. I'm all for trying the groundball route.
    The only ones who K the universe and still suck have unsustainably high HR/F rates. It sure beats going the Kirk Saarloos route.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    But it's also kind of telling that nearly half the ML teams DID pass on him completely. We know that Arizona claimed him, but we don't know how many teams above them did. But the fact that 15 of the 29 teams at the minimum did pass on him is pretty telling IMO.
    He's FA due about 3-4 million more this season and not every team is in the race... but let's pretend that stuff wasn't a factor on why a team didn't show interest in any sort of deal this season.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    They've gone totally bonkers.

Worst trade of my lifetime to be sure.
    Dunn's next month and a half is meaningless to the Reds. If there were no plans to resign him (and the trade seems to indicate that because really the Reds would now be signing him plus giving up compensation), then trading him could in no way ever be qualified as a worst ever deal.

This bares repeating, Dunn's next six weeks were meaningless to the Reds.

Really, it comes down to did the Reds come out better than two comp picks?

Being a Beaver myself, I'm abnormally fuzzy about Buck but considering the principle part of the Reds return was a third round pick (a well used college arm still in A ball and coming off of arm surgery), this will be a fun argument.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    It's telling that team looking for offense this time of year are ones that are playoff bound which, by definition, eliminates half (or more) of them?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I root for the uniform, never against it.
    Absolutely agree. I'm a Reds fan. I want the Reds to win.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    He's FA due about 3-4 million more this season and not every team is in the race... but let's pretend that stuff wasn't a factor on why a team didn't show interest in any sort of deal this season.
    No kidding.

Or that we don't know what teams passed/claimed. Not inconcievable that some of the teams that claimed included the likes of the Cubs, A's, Red Sox, Yankees, Indianas et al. Pretty good when the better run teams in baseball claim you.

But I'm sure an anti-Dunite will promptly retort that the only teams that claimed were the Royals, Pittsburg and the Nationals (three times each).

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Can we cool it on statements like this...they are ridiculous to post if you are a Reds fan. Best of luck to Adam...just not against the Reds.
    I respect your opinion but I am sick watching us trade players like Dunn away for nothing when they could have gotten something alot better.I am a diehard reds fan weather you believe me or not but I trully want Dunn to put up monster stats againist us just to show those losers in the front office what we could have had.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    If Dallas Buck is the centerpiece of a Dunn deal, Jocketty is insane. If you don't want him just take the draft picks. The players to be named better be something worthwhile.

The Reds don't want multiple first round picks.

It would mean they would have to spend more in the draft and they don't like doing that (see the 2001 and 2008 punts).

I have finally hit the point where I have absolutely ZERO confidence in this inept organization from the top all the way down to Dusty fricking Baker and Corey fricking Patterson. A joke. A Kansas City Royals like joke. An Arizona Cardinals like joke. And yes a Cincinnati Bengals like joke.

They are all one in the same.

What a sad state Cincinnati is with it's pro franchises. There is not one city with a worse combination in the two sports and it's really not close.

Turn Off Ads?