Thread: Predict Drew Stubbs stats in Louisville

Re: Predict Drew Stubbs stats in Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    .247/.380/.520
    so he all of a sudden turns into a GG Adam Dunn lol

2. Turn Off Ads?

.001/.001/.001

I'm doing it like on The Price is Right, so if everyone overbids I win.

What the heck is he doing in Louisville?

Bad move, Walt.

Stubbs has no business seeing Louisville this season.

Henry should have gotten the call.

Stubbs will fail.

.230/.330/.330

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    What the heck is he doing in Louisville?
    The Bats only had 3 OF on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    The Bats only had 3 OF on the roster.
    Thus Sean Henry should have been promoted. And, Rob Mackowiak also plays the outfield. Cumberland is a Centerfielder.

Wait, Stubbs in Louisville?

Gracious.

.255/.348/.391 for the rest of this year. .739 OPS in his 2008 L'ville stay.

Premature, in my view, to move him there this season...

High five!

Thus Sean Henry should have been promoted. And, Rob Mackowiak also plays the outfield. Cumberland is a Centerfielder.
    Mackowiak is one of the three.

Maybe Stubbs got the call because he's older. Maybe Walt wants to how Stubbs fares against a higher level and figures he has time with Henry.

It's not just about who's playing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    .001/.001/.001

I'm doing it like on The Price is Right, so if everyone overbids I win.
    .002/.002/.002

.270/.360/.400
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

.260/.350/.400

I did predict he would go from Sarasota to AAA in 2008 last year(I think).

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Mackowiak is one of the three.

Maybe Stubbs got the call because he's older. Maybe Walt wants to how Stubbs fares against a higher level and figures he has time with Henry.

It's not just about who's playing better.
    The 1st statement: I was afraid you were going to say that.

The second statement: Really couldn't be any other reason. I'm sure Walt knows the history of players who've succeeded going from High A to AAA with only 100 AB's in-between without having lit it up during those 100 AB's.

The third statement: Who's playing better is only part of it at any time, as you say. But, with legitimate prospects building and keeping their confidence is always something to be aware of. Let a guy lose his confidence and you might have lost yourself a prospect.

This can work in a backwards sort of way. Scenario: Stubbs plays poorly. He's sent back to AA next season to start next season. But, because he only had 3 weeks in AAA and maybe some playoff experience extending it to 4 or more weeks, he looks at it as a small sample and doesn't let his poor effort get him down. He gets back on track where he left off at AA, taking the extra experience that he was given in August/September of 2008 and uses it as a motivator to do what it takes to get himself back up in AAA, but this time to stay.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-13-2008 at 03:13 AM.

High five!

The second statement: Really couldn't be any other reason. I'm sure Walt knows the history of players who've succeeded going from High A to AAA with only 100 AB's in-between without having lit it up during those 100 AB's.
    Is there some sort of history for that? If so, what is it?

The third statement: Who's playing better is only part of it at any time, as you say. But, with legitimate prospects building and keeping their confidence is always something to be aware of. Let a guy lose his confidence and you might have lost yourself a prospect.

This can work in a backwards sort of way. Scenario: Stubbs plays poorly. He's sent back to AA next season to start next season. But, because he only had 3 weeks in AAA and maybe some playoff experience extending it to 4 or more weeks, he looks at it as a small sample and doesn't let his poor effort get him down. He gets back on track where he left off at AA, taking the extra experience that he was given in August/September of 2008 and uses it as a motivator to do what it takes to get himself back up in AAA, but this time to stay.
    I think Walt just wants to see how he does at the higher level. Certainly, the mental and maturity issues you point out are part of that.

Since Jocketty came on board, prospects have been moved up the chain far more aggressively. This is just one example.

My take is that the Reds will need a bunch of new outfielders and Walt just wants Stubbs to be ready as soon as possible. The big jump seems to be from A ball to AA. If Stubbs can handle AA, as it appears so far he can, then let's see if he can handle AAA.

Centerfield could become a platoon position in Cincinnati in 2009. Perhaps Dickerson and Hairston, for example. Maybe if Hairston has another injury next year, Stubbs is next in line as a platoon centerfielder.

Not a bad philosophy. When a player is having success, and has the overall talent, move him up. Particularly a position player.

Turn Off Ads?