Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lots of smack talking on the D-Backs board

Lots of smack talking on the D-Backs board

I really hope we get one of their coveted prospects to tick them off, withy quotes like this:

misterx wrote:
    admdavid wrote:
    Over on one of the Red's boards they are talking about getting Scherzer or Parker as one of the PTBNLs. LOL There is no way JB is that out of it to do something like that.

its a nice dream until they wake up

http://forum.diamondbacksbullpen.org...=asc&start=100

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lots of smack talking on the D-Backs board

Can you blaim them? It's pretty dumb to think that a one month rental of Adam Dunn will return anything of significant value.

"Ive been to cincinnati like 5 or 6 times this year. Trust me, if you were there, you wouldnt want to play good defense or have good baserunning either. "

They'll be singing a different tune when they see Dunn play defense.

Congratulations, LA Dodgers--2008 NL West champs!

dunn going to be in uni tonight for their game at colorado?

What I don't get is that they say that PTBNL's can't have played in the NL at all this year. So we couldn't get Owings. But my interpretation is that since a guy like Owings is in the PCL and the league he would move to would be the IL, then that is a league he hasn't played in this year, and the trade could be made. Owings would just have to be put on the 40 man, assigned to LOU then caled up. Which way is right?

I just spent what seems like a year of my life reading the DBacks message board. It's fascinating to see personalities overshadow the points they're trying to make. Reminded me of the good old days when this site would debate Adam Dunn's value.

Sigh. Auld Lang Syne.

However... the stuff about the PTBNL rules and the stuff about Dunn's worth to them the last two months is interesting. Wish I could tell you to skim it for the good stuff, but it's all buried within a lot of bitterness and cat-fighting.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Their tune has changed now that it potentially is Owings. They are also speculating that the third player could be Jamie D'Antona, a corner infielder that they just sent down to AAA. He seems legit but a tad on the older side at 26.

Jamie D'Antona

If it was D'Antona then the Reds got a great deal.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Something that I saw them mention and I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere but, I haven't read every thread about the trade, so I easily could have missed this point being made by someone else. Not only did the Diamondbacks trade for Dunn, they traded for the two potential draft picks they could get from Dunn. They would have some value also that would have to be figured into the equation.

D'Antona would be nice, he had over a 400 obp in AAA.

D'antona or Whitesell would be nice. Could be solid platoon players.

Turn Off Ads?