Paul Bako c

Edinson Volquez p

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tonights lineup-the new era.

Dusty, for God's sake let Rosales start. I am sick of Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    Dusty, for God's sake let Rosales start. I am sick of Valentine
    I see what you're saying, but this team needs offense, and IMO, Valentin is a better offensive threat.

valentine is not an offensive threat

Management pulled the plug on this season. They are looking to the future. Let's hope Valentin isn't part of that future. Start Rosales.

Hopefully by Saturday, when Votto is supposed to be back, Hairston will be ready to go as well. Then we can put together a semi-respectable lineup by replacing them for Javy and Corey. Something like:

Hairston LF
    Votto 1B
    Bruce RF
    Phillips 2B
    Edwin 3B
    Dickerson CF
    Keppinger SS
    Hanigan C

Seems so weird having 5 out of 8 righties. Although of course Bako will still get his playing time...

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I see what you're saying, but this team needs offense, and IMO, Valentin is a better offensive threat.
    I'm still confused about what Javier Valentin allegedly does well. Because everyone keeps telling me he's a good pinch-hitter, but his statistics as a pinch-hitter are horrible. He can't field any position adequately, hits for a low average, doesn't get on base, and has sporadic power. I seriously question whether any other team in baseball would carry a guy like that.

What the heck is Patterson doing getting any playing time, and Valentin to, especially after a day off?

C'mon Walt, remove the bonehead decisions for Dusty that he seems incapable of doing himself.

Baker's an idiot.

Yes, Dusty, we got rid of Ross, Junior and Dunn so you can play your homeboy Patterson and screw with the playing time of the others by playing Valentin.

I'm still confused about what Javier Valentin allegedly does well. Because everyone keeps telling me he's a good pinch-hitter, but his statistics as a pinch-hitter are horrible. He can't field any position adequately, hits for a low average, doesn't get on base, and has sporadic power. I seriously question whether any other team in baseball would carry a guy like that.
    He is versatile. He does nothing well from either side of the plate. Additionally, he is nondescript at three positions. That plays well on the bench. At least in Cincinnati it does.

I don't know what's more comical to watch:

A) Dusty Baker make out a lineup card, or

B) Marvin Lewis game-manage a 4th Quarter.

Javy can provide some pop from the left side of the plate. I hate to say it, but with the lineup minus Dunn, we are lacking pop against lefties. Hopefully he can get a few ABs this year, and provide that.

Yeah that .346 SLG% against righties this year is some pretty scary pop from the left side

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    Yeah that .346 SLG% against righties this year is some pretty scary pop from the left side
    Don't get me wrong, I hate the move as much as the next guy, I was just stating the logic that likely landed him in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I hate the move as much as the next guy, I was just stating the logic that likely landed him in the lineup.
    Thats the thing with Dusty and lineups, not much logic goes into them

Turn Off Ads?