Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheffield anyone?

Re: Sheffield anyone?

look at last year.. they are comparable.. we have talked in LENGTH on this board about how mental can change how you play for most people..

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    look at last year.. they are comparable.. we have talked in LENGTH on this board about how mental can change how you play for most people..
    Last year Sheff: .265/.378/.462
    Last year Dunn: .264/.386/.554

Avg. is the same but the other numbers are pretty significantly better.

those numbers are PRETTY CLOSE.. especially when you consider the fact that sheff plays a SLIGHTLY better defense at this age.. than dunn does when he is in his prime..

Attack Cat!

those numbers are PRETTY CLOSE.. especially when you consider the fact that sheff plays a SLIGHTLY better defense at this age.. than dunn does when he is in his prime..
    .100 points of OPS isn't pretty close.

Next Year

Umm, no those really aren't that close. And I guess if DH is a defensive position.

Next Year

And not that it matters, it's not like we can go jump in a time machine and get the Sheffield of last year. He's in decline, end of story.

Sheffield = one of the most overrated of all time!

This shouldnt even be a debate right now, Sheffield or anyone else who is near 40 does not fit into our rebuilding/future plans unless they can pitch and pitch well for a relatively cheap price.

I was kinda hoping we would pick up all the waiver wire old guys and start a veteran team.

Would rather play minor leagers at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by PTI (pti) View Post
    I actually met him at a bar in Seattle a couple months ago, and I'm sad to say that him walking right by me kinda caught me off guard. Typically, I'd have been armed with some smart-alek comment to throw at a jerk like him. Instead, all I could think of was "hey, good luck vs. the Mariners tonight." Oh well.

Sheffield is one of the meanest, most racist jerks in all of baseball. If I were COMLETELY DESPERATE to win a championship, and he was the "final piece" of the puzzle - I *may* consider him....

....but I would still hate myself for it.
    If you don't mind, could you please back up that statement. I'm not a fan of blatant personal attacks such as this. I personally don't know Sheffield.

Turn Off Ads?