Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dunn wants how much?

Dunn wants how much?

Just saw this quote from Bronson Arroyo in Fay's blog.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

Bronson Arroyo is always gives you an honest answer. When asked if he suprised by the Adam Dunn trade, he said:

"A little bit because it came after the deadline. But he was going to be moved no matter what. I don't know if he told (the media) but he made it was no secret to us that he was looking for $100 to $120 million contract. I don't think this franchise is going to give out that kind of contract."
    So much for the 4-year, $60 million dollar dreams. I would imagine that is for 6 or 7 years. Looking at what Carlos Lee and Alfonso Soriano received those numbers may not be completely out in left field. Any thoughts???? Is AD worth over $100 million?
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-12-2008 at 05:31 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dunn wants how much?

LOL Good luck with that Adam.

wow.. No one is going to give him that type of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    So much for the 4-year, $60 million dollar dreams. I would imagine that is for 6 or 7 years. Looking at what Carlos Lee and Alfonso Soriano received those numbers may not be completely out in left field. Any thoughts???? Is AD worth over $100 million?
    Depends on how many years. 6 years, yes. 5 years, no.

Like I said, IFF that is true and the FO obviously knew about it, then they HAD TO KNOW there was NO WAY in Hades he would accept a one year Arbitration number.

We were literally GUARANTEED 2 Comp picks.

They MUST (read: BETTER) have really gotten a sweet deal from Arizona, and truly "got the players they wanted". If Micah Owings or/and Whitesell, then I'd rather have the Comp Picks.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

no one is going to pay him that...with all the teams that passed on him....no way!
    Reds fan since 1970

Someone thinks he's "special".

Adam, will only get that if the yankees are dumb enough to give it to him. They did sign the Giambi deal and then followed up their ignorance with the signing of Damon.

Adam Dunn is the new mayor of Fantasy Land.

Has there been any quotes from AD about the trade? I haven't seen a reaction from him anywhere.

I'd say Dunn is going to be getting a contract very similiar to Carlos Lee...maybe even more since every offseason contracts keep get more and more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Depends on how many years. 6 years, yes. 5 years, no.

Like I said, IFF that is true and the FO obviously knew about it, then they HAD TO KNOW there was NO WAY in Hades he would accept a one year Arbitration number.

We were literally GUARANTEED 2 Comp picks.

They MUST (read: BETTER) have really gotten a sweet deal from Arizona, and truly "got the players they wanted". If Micah Owings or/and Whitesell, then I'd rather have the Comp Picks.
    I think everyone here is questioning whether he can command his $100+ asking price. So, let's say he doesn't... then maybe it's not a bad thing for him to accept arbitration, put up the same numbers in 2009 and try for the big payday again next year, when more teams need an OF?

In other words, it was no guarantee. Plus, how does a club truly turn a page if a guy hangs around all off-season like that. Will he be back? Won't he be back? How do you plan a team around that big of a question mark? Talk about a distraction.

We obviously need to know the PTBNLs before anyone can judge this thing. But since we sent cash with Adam on his flight out west, I am nearly positive we will get back more than 2 comp picks' worth of value.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

I'm not saying he won't get it, but you're crazy if the Reds were going to pay him that.

And if the Reds paid him that, then this organization is dumber than I thought.

Just another reason to be glad he's gone. Someone else's problem now!

I think the Reds wanted to make 100% sure he wouldn't be here next year. You have to offer him arbitration to get the picks, right? There was always the chance--slim, maybe, but the chance--that he'd accept it. And then we're stuck with him for another year.

This way, we're certain he won't be here. Good move.

did anyone see dustys interview during the game? grande asked him if he had expressed interest to jocketty about acquiring dunn in FA. baker said he has already asked about it...is baker stupid? i mean maybe he doesnt wanna go off and say "well no, he'll want to much money and his defense isnt worth that money" or something...but still. say something like "i havent been thinking about it right now...keeping my eye on this season" mind blowing really

The Yankees are taking a lot of heat for not going after Santana last year, particularly since it now appears that Kennedy is a stiff. That being said, expect the Yankees to be big spenders in the off-season particularly if they don't make the playoffs. But they will target Teixeira and Sabathia. I doubt if Dunn is even on their radar.

Turn Off Ads?