Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What would you do for Reds manager?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Dusty

16 16.33%
  • Fire Dusty, bring in someone new

46 46.94%
  • Bring back Mackanin

36 36.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds manager

Reds manager

Who would you like for Reds manager?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds manager

anyone but Dusty....
    Reds fan since 1970

Pete McKannin

Best Case Scenario?

Dusty decides he is to old for this crap and works a deal with the Reds to retire early.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Why do you want Mackanin? Because he was over .500 when the season was already out of reach? You know how many interim managers do that? A lot.

We need a manager who will light fires under guys for not hustling. A Joe Girardi type.

i really dont think dusty is that bad, if he would just start to show some people that he had zero tolerance for lack of hustle and mental mistakes alot more people wouldnt mind him as a manager

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowStairs View Post
    Why do you want Mackanin? Because he was over .500 when the season was already out of reach? You know how many interim managers do that? A lot.

We need a manager who will light fires under guys for not hustling. A Joe Girardi type.
    You all have to get over this "light fires under guys.." nonsense. Millionaire prima donnas need a firm hand and a little dime store psychology, not ass kicking. Do you see Torre, for example, as a tough guy? Of course not. This is not little league.

Pete would have done a better job with this mess than DUHsty, guaranteed.

Pete should have been given a two year deal.
    Work hard....Play hard.....Slide Hard

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowStairs View Post

I don't think the roster depth is anywhere NEAR what is needed for that type of thing.

Duhhsty as he has proven is a bad fit for this team. He's at his best when he has a bunch of veterans to lead for him, he's not a vocal firey guy, kicking guys in the ass, or that much of a teacher. I waver over who would be a good fit but Duhhsty is the absolute worst fit of anyone mentioned for this team as currently constituted. I do agree this team needs a Lucy the psycologist type guy to help to a point, but it would be nice to see someone young that can relate with the game as its played today.

Plus Duhhsty absolutely refuses to learn from mistakes, he continues to go with the same failed options (Patterson anywhere above 8 for example) over and over and over. He fails to even attempt to maximize what assets he does have (Junior batting 3rd, Dunn batting 5th or lower, Phillips batting cleanup even vs RHP, blah blah blah), if he were showing ANY signs of learning I'd be willing to give him a 2nd year, but at this point I want him gone before he Patterson's Votto and Bruce.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Out of all the managers the Reds have tried over the last 10 years, isn't Baker the only one not to get the team off to a winning record in the early part of their job?

I mean, even stiffs like Dave Miley had a winning record at first.

i'm available. seriously.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by superred View Post
    ...if he would just start to show some people that he had zero tolerance for lack of hustle and mental mistakes alot more people wouldnt mind him as a manager
    ...and not blame the team's woes on the previous GM and if he didn't say things like this.
    "I'll probably have to teach more - how to be a big leaguer, how to perform like a big leaguer and how to carry yourself like a big leaguer," Baker said. "That's part of the job."
    You know, I've done what I've can to defend the guy these last few months but it's hard to take him seriously when he doesn't own up to his own inadequacies and feels like it's a burden to teach players. That's not a manager. That's just a guy collecting a paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    That's not a manager. That's just a guy collecting a paycheck.

ding.

Reading Daugherty's article in the Enquirer, seems that others besides myself feel that the team was not helped,---maybe hindered by the presence of Griffey/Dunn. I posted awhile back the idea that those two were a club house problem, and was subsequently attacked on this site. Well, now we'll see, and in the process see if Baker can take control of this team----- with the help of the young future stars and their hunger for more. Bruce has already sounded encouraging......................

Rick Sweet!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?