Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55

Thread: Dunn in Arizona

  1. #1
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,082

    Dunn in Arizona

    Let's call this the Dunn-Tracker thread.

    Last night he hit 4th (are you taking notes Dusty) and went 1-3 with a double and a walk. Good start for Dunner. But, here is the best part, from the AP game report.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280812127

    "It felt good," Dunn said. "It's the first time I'd been a part of a win in a long time."
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    190

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    He had 2 walks.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    the reds won.. thanks to small ball and defense..

  5. #4
    Member Nasty_Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    1st Place... Finally
    Posts
    1,191

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    The Reds won because EV pitched like an All-Star again, and of course the 2 small ball HRs by BP and Javy.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    190

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    the reds won.. thanks to small ball and defense..
    Hahaha. You kill me, man. First you divine that Dickerson's mistake in the OF (that ball in the 3rd should have been caught by a defensive whiz, heck, by an average OFer) was because of nerves. You'll make all the excuses for anyone else, huh, as long as you can try to make Dunn look bad. Of course, you know that Dickerson had one of those dreaded strikeouts you beat on Dunn for (he's had over 100 Ks this year already - against AAA pitching!), and left 4 on base.

    Then you claim the Reds won by defense and small ball. Laughable.

    They won because Volquez was pitching well and they were playing the Pirates, who suck about as much as the Reds.

    And how'd we score our runs, by the way? 2 HRs and Corey Patterson had one of his 5 games a year where he actually does something at the plate.

    Spare us your nonsense. You got what you wanted.

  7. #6
    throws 106. NBD.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    the reds won.. thanks to small ball and defense..
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    The Reds won because EV pitched like an All-Star again, and of course the 2 small ball HRs by BP and Javy.
    Busted!

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    855

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    the reds won.. thanks to small ball and defense..
    So when did Homeruns become a part of "small ball"? If thats the case Dunn is the league leader in "small ball" homeruns
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,147

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by levydl View Post
    Hahaha. You kill me, man. First you divine that Dickerson's mistake in the OF (that ball in the 3rd should have been caught by a defensive whiz, heck, by an average OFer) was because of nerves. You'll make all the excuses for anyone else, huh, as long as you can try to make Dunn look bad. Of course, you know that Dickerson had one of those dreaded strikeouts you beat on Dunn for (he's had over 100 Ks this year already - against AAA pitching!), and left 4 on base.

    Then you claim the Reds won by defense and small ball. Laughable.

    They won because Volquez was pitching well and they were playing the Pirates, who suck about as much as the Reds.

    And how'd we score our runs, by the way? 2 HRs and Corey Patterson had one of his 5 games a year where he actually does something at the plate.

    Spare us your nonsense. You got what you wanted.
    ahhhorrsepoo is walking away from this thread with his tail between his legs.

    By by ahhhorsepooo.

    -----------------------------------


    I'll be rooting for the Diamondbacks.

    I want them to get to the playoffs so i can watch Dunner again.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by levydl View Post
    Hahaha. You kill me, man. First you divine that Dickerson's mistake in the OF (that ball in the 3rd should have been caught by a defensive whiz, heck, by an average OFer) was because of nerves. You'll make all the excuses for anyone else, huh, as long as you can try to make Dunn look bad. Of course, you know that Dickerson had one of those dreaded strikeouts you beat on Dunn for (he's had over 100 Ks this year already - against AAA pitching!), and left 4 on base.

    Then you claim the Reds won by defense and small ball. Laughable.

    They won because Volquez was pitching well and they were playing the Pirates, who suck about as much as the Reds.

    And how'd we score our runs, by the way? 2 HRs and Corey Patterson had one of his 5 games a year where he actually does something at the plate.

    Spare us your nonsense. You got what you wanted.
    I agree... Pittsburgh sucks and Volquez pitched good against a team that's best 2 power hitters were Traded (Bay and Nady)...

    This team has no real options in next years Free Agent market... No Premier pitchers to go in the Rotation so what? What What What are they going to do? This team has zero direction.... Bob C said Win now and Krivisky was fired.... Anyone know if the teams record is better under Krivisky or Jocketty? I don't want to look it up and I am sure someone else knows the answer...

  11. #10
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I agree... Pittsburgh sucks and Volquez pitched good against a team that's best 2 power hitters were Traded (Bay and Nady)...

    This team has no real options in next years Free Agent market... No Premier pitchers to go in the Rotation so what? What What What are they going to do? This team has zero direction.... Bob C said Win now and Krivisky was fired.... Anyone know if the teams record is better under Krivisky or Jocketty? I don't want to look it up and I am sure someone else knows the answer...
    I think this team is pointed in the right direction. when was the last time they had all of the following:
    2 top of the rotation pitchers (Volquez and a healthy Harang)
    1 up and coming fireballer (Cueto)
    2 young offensive studs - (Bruce and Votto)
    A closer and setup man (Cordero and Burton)

    That is a solid core. They've begun cutting dead weight and huge contracts. I am excited about the Reds future.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  12. #11
    Schnickelfritz BurgervilleBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wyldur
    Posts
    725

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    They've begun cutting dead weight and huge contracts. I am excited about the Reds future.
    Ditto. It's these pains we feel now that will make it worth what we have later.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

    "For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    190

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I agree... Pittsburgh sucks and Volquez pitched good against a team that's best 2 power hitters were Traded (Bay and Nady)...

    This team has no real options in next years Free Agent market... No Premier pitchers to go in the Rotation so what? What What What are they going to do? This team has zero direction.... Bob C said Win now and Krivisky was fired.... Anyone know if the teams record is better under Krivisky or Jocketty? I don't want to look it up and I am sure someone else knows the answer...
    We were 9-12 when Krivsky was fired for a .428 winning percentage.

    We are 53-67 now, so we've gone 44-55 since Krivsky was fired, for a .444 winning percentage.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by levydl View Post
    We were 9-12 when Krivsky was fired for a .428 winning percentage.

    We are 53-67 now, so we've gone 44-55 since Krivsky was fired, for a .444 winning percentage.
    Thanks. So they are playing better. Wow...

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,262

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Thanks. So they are playing better. Wow...
    So, you go walking through the woods, and see 2 piles of poo on the ground. One is stinky, steamy and fresh, flies circling around looking for dessert. the other pile is obviuosly older, it has turned crusty and grey and is breaking down into the earth around it. Are they not still both piles of poo?

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: Dunn in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by levydl View Post
    Hahaha. You kill me, man. First you divine that Dickerson's mistake in the OF (that ball in the 3rd should have been caught by a defensive whiz, heck, by an average OFer) was because of nerves. You'll make all the excuses for anyone else, huh, as long as you can try to make Dunn look bad. Of course, you know that Dickerson had one of those dreaded strikeouts you beat on Dunn for (he's had over 100 Ks this year already - against AAA pitching!), and left 4 on base.

    Then you claim the Reds won by defense and small ball. Laughable.

    They won because Volquez was pitching well and they were playing the Pirates, who suck about as much as the Reds.

    And how'd we score our runs, by the way? 2 HRs and Corey Patterson had one of his 5 games a year where he actually does something at the plate.

    Spare us your nonsense. You got what you wanted.

    where to start.. ohh my..

    reds did win with small ball, with a few long balls sprinkled in(just because they played well and advanced the runners better than they have all year doesn't mean they cant hit the occasional long ball, but wait i thought all the power was gone from this team.....?!?!?!).. but they hit the gaps, and were a threat on the base path MULTIPLE TIMES.. and the defense saved EV at least 2 runs.. one by the catch by dickerson in the 2nd.. (i'll admit he should have caught at least one of the two balls he nearly got to..).. but also the one where he was going down the line and at least got a piece of it.. enough to make it shoot into the stands to save at least 1 run..

    to be completely honest.. volquez missed more pitches than the score says.. he was just lucky the pirates blow.. go back and watch there were multiple pitches where the catcher would call for a fastball low and away.. and it would be up and in.... or a changeup mid away and it would be off the inside part of the plate..

    YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

    Volquez pitched well, but the defense and the fact that the pirates are abysmal kept him in the game.. not just his pitching..

    I also realize every player has some strikeouts.. but I dont expect dickerson to get the silver sombrero once a week either.. He left 4 on base.. BTW DUNN LEFT 3 ON TONIGHT..

    I can argue all day on why the newer, non-lazy power swinging approach is much better.. and unfortunately the same few people still wont get it that i just want to watch winning baseball.. the old way didnt work.. soo you must change it..
    Last edited by Ahhhorsepoo; 08-13-2008 at 02:09 PM.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25