Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking back to what it could of been...

Re: Looking back to what it could of been...

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Dunn on the other hand, if healthy, will put up HOF HR numbers. It will be interesting to see if Dunn hits 500, 550, 600 how people will fell about him.
    [insanity]He struck out too much and never hit .300, also he comitted errors every game and had to be carried out to LF by his team mates[/insanity]

Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    OT- i do like those helmets as opposed to the cool-flo ones they wear now. But again, I'm a geek.
    What, you don't like the Klingon helmets with the gills on the sides?! :

(Neither do I.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I really don't understand what anyone is talking about regarding Dunn being overweight. I don't see it.

I keep reading it and hearing it on call-in shows from his detractors, but I don't see it.
    Well he was listed at 240 lbs when he broke in and now he's listed at 275 on MLB.com. He's not sculpted like Glenn Braggs so I'd say that's not 35 lbs of muscle that he added at the gym. 275 is pretty heavy even if you're 6'6".

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Listed weights really don't mean anything to me. Adam Dunn doesn't look overweight to me. He is a big guy.

he looks just like a Texas quarterback, doesn't he?

I mean, I look and I think, "Vince Young"

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    he looks just like a Texas quarterback, doesn't he?

I mean, I look and I think, "Vince Young"
    Vince Young wishes he had Dunns speed.

:

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    I logged into my old photobucket account the other day and saw this... I just said Wow... Times sure do change in 6 years...
    I still have one of those huge "A-Team" posters of Dunn, Kearns and A. Boone.

Off topic, for sure, but...

I miss those uniforms. What we have now look like ice cream suits. and the old style piping around the collar and down the buttons is so last year. No style for this club. I've decided it's the uniforms...
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Off topic, for sure, but...

I miss those uniforms. What we have now look like ice cream suits. and the old style piping around the collar and down the buttons is so last year. No style for this club. I've decided it's the uniforms...
    Totally with you on the uniforms. They are pretty bland. Problem is, even when the Reds try to be cutting edge by doing the retro thing, we end up with something equally putrid.

Blech. I almost wish they'd go back to the '80's... it's time for that look again, I think.

“Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They've both put on way too many lbs since then. I expect some weight to appear in a player's late 20s/early 30s but these guys put on 25-30 lbs before they were 25.
    They could be doing NutriSystem commercials with Golic.

And no regrets on Kearns at all.

If people are going to say they are glad Dunn is gone because of "holes in his game", then how can they defend an Austin Kearns?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    If people are going to say they are glad Dunn is gone because of "holes in his game", then how can they defend an Austin Kearns?
    I know Redszone puts players who have come up through our own system on a pedistal, but the love thrown around for Austin Kearns even still to this day boggles my mind.

Try these numbers out for size:

Austin Kearns 2008- .221/.308/.317 with 6 homers and 30 RBI at $5 million.

Corey Patterson 2008- .197/.227/.348 with 9 homers and 21 RBI at $3 million.

Austin Kearns is not a good player. Period. If the Reds signed a player with Kearns' numbers at Kearns' salary from outside the organization there would be a 20 page thread calling for Walt Jocketty's head.

Awhile back I remember reading a number of posters saying they'd love to bring Austin back into the fold for 2009 even at the inflated salary he'll be due (can't remember what he's due to make next year). This is just foolishness. Yes, he can play a pretty good defensive outfield, but come on now.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    We do have two openings in the outfield after this season...
    I'd love to resign Dunn, but I doubt very much that will ever happen. Jocketty has designed World Series participants by signing or trading for "bounce around guys" like Reggie Sanders, Preston Wilson, and Juan Encarnacion. I believe he will have little trouble finding a couple of outfielders.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    I'd love to resign Dunn, but I doubt very much that will ever happen. Jocketty has designed World Series participants by signing or trading for "bounce around guys" like Reggie Sanders, Preston Wilson, and Juan Encarnacion. I believe he will have little trouble finding a couple of outfielders.
    And I agree. Dunn and Griffey were not Jocketty-type ball players. Dunn was going to be too expensive and Griffey was not producing (at least in Walt's eyes). In fact, I don't think anyone is off limits if he thinks he can better the club and that includes Votto, Phillips, Encarnacion, and Bruce. The right deal for any of them will go down. The one who I look to not be around next year is Edwin. In fact, I think it's likely.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I hate those uniforms of the 80's; always have... even in the 80's.

I like the sleeveless, vest-like jerseys and think they would allow the players more freedom, whether in the field or at the plate. In fact, that little thing Jay Bruce does before he bats is because he once caught his elbow in the sleeve. Now he always pushes it up to make sure it doesn't happen again. Not a problem if there are no sleeves.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?