Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Wednesday August 13th minor league updates

Re: Wednesday August 13th minor league updates

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    How did Thompson's level cause his injury? Just curious.
    I asked that same question earlier. I was told he tried to do to much/reached back for something extra in the bigs. I personally don't buy that. A guy trying to get to the show is going to exert just as much as a guy in the show...just my opinion.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I asked that same question earlier. I was told he tried to do to much/reached back for something extra in the bigs. I personally don't buy that. A guy trying to get to the show is going to exert just as much as a guy in the show...just my opinion.
    That's pretty how much how he injured his shoulder a few years ago--he tried to reach back for something extra, and then he couldn't finish the season.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Wow. What a heck of a debut by Stubbs.

A double off the wall, a walk, reach on error, and a homerun.
    Stupid Stubbs. Now we're gonna be told how this game isn't allowed to count for some reason, and that other than his good games he's been Teh Suck his whole time in AAA.

Great to see Stubbs off to an impressive start. Here's to him keepin' it up!

Stubbs gathering some steam -- great to see!

Just remembered I predicted a year ago that Stubbs would finish the year at AAA. Good to see him doing so well, for his sake and the organization's. Be great to see him open the season in CF next year for the Reds. I hope he can do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    How did Thompson's level cause his injury? Just curious.
    It was covered pretty well in the other thread. Can't find it for you right now, though.

Bottom line is that he's OK and next year will begin in the minors again in an attempt to spend one more full season there hopefully. That should complete both his minor league eduacation and his rehab from the surgery. His arm should be ready for him to be a starter in the Majors after next season.

Turn Off Ads?