Turn Off Ads?

Thread: NL CY Young

NL CY Young

If Sabathia keeps it up, could he win the NL Cy Young. He has a 7-0 record with 4 CG's and a 1.55 ERA in Milwaukee in 8 starts. Yikes. In a year with the many good pitchers in the NL, but with no one running away with the award, you never know. It will probably be Webb, but if Sabathia get to 13 or 14 wins in half a season...
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NL CY Young

It could be similar to Sutcliffe and his rediculous 2nd half with the cubs in 1984

esp since sabathia has had an era of 2.05 since mid april.. he was lights out before the trade too..

It would be ashame for someone pitching as well as CC to not be awarded something if he keeps it up.

i believe he will get the NL cy young..

Quote Originally Posted by Focusonit View Post
    It would be ashame for someone pitching as well as CC to not be awarded something if he keeps it up.

No it would be ashamed for Sabathia to get it for a half a season's work over Webb who has been outstanding all year long.

I think it will be funny when his arm falls off from all these complete games..

Quote Originally Posted by OldRed1966 View Post
    No it would be ashamed for Sabathia to get it for a half a season's work over Webb who has been outstanding all year long.
    what should they make for sabathias whole season then? Cy Young of MLB?? he was in the talk for cy young of AL before he left there.. and he has simply been next to perfect since he came over..

Lincecum should be in that running....the guy is just plain dominant...leads in K's and ERA, right up there in wins, only a few losses...

Then again, as we found with Harang, guess leading in those stats doesn't guarantee you much...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    what should they make for sabathias whole season then? Cy Young of MLB?? he was in the talk for cy young of AL before he left there.. and he has simply been next to perfect since he came over..

He wasn't even close to being mentioned as a Cy Young candidate in the AL. He was 6-8 with an ERA over 4.00

If Arizona wins their division despite having Adam Dunn on the team, Brandon Webb will win it.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by OldRed1966 View Post
    He wasn't even close to being mentioned as a Cy Young candidate in the AL. He was 6-8 with an ERA over 4.00
    stats.. again with the stats..

he was soo hot the last 2 months with the indians they were saying if he kept it up he would be in the top 3 for cy young for sure..

btw his ERA was under 4...

but there were 5 games that were quality starts that didnt get a decision because his offense was abysmal..

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy View Post
    If Arizona wins their division despite having Adam Dunn on the team, Brandon Webb will win it.
    I cannot even begin to describe the ignorance in this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    stats.. again with the stats..

he was soo hot the last 2 months with the indians they were saying if he kept it up he would be in the top 3 for cy young for sure..

btw his ERA was under 4...

but there were 5 games that were quality starts that didnt get a decision because his offense was abysmal..

I hate to burst your bubble, but they pretty much base the Cy Young award winner on stats. I'm not saying that Sabathia doesn't have a chance at the NL Cy Young award because if he keeps it up he certainly has a chance, but I believe Webb is the obvious front runner right now, and he would have to falter down the stretch not to win.

Brandon Webb has to get it, he's 17-4 with a 2.93

Turn Off Ads?