Turn Off Ads?

Thread: NFL fan code of conduct policy

NFL fan code of conduct policy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Posted: 08/07/2008
    NFL teams implement fan code of conduct

The NFL and all 32 NFL clubs have created a fan code of conduct to help promote a positive fan environment at NFL stadiums, it was announced Tuesday.

The fan code of conduct is designed to set clear expectations and encourage a stadium environment that is enjoyable for all fans. Teams may add additional provisions to the standard code based on local circumstances or preferences. Each team will communicate its code of conduct during the preseason to season-ticket holders and fans through mailings, online, and in-stadium signage, and other messages.

"The in-stadium experience is critically important to the NFL, our clubs and our fans and it will be a major focus this season," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "We are committed to improving the fan experience in every way we can -- from the time fans arrive in the parking lot to when they depart the stadium. We want everyone to be able to come to our stadiums and enjoy the entire day."

The code of conduct is intended to address behavior that detracts from the gameday experience. Any fan in violation of these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future games.

In addition to the fan code of conduct, the NFL and its clubs will evaluate fan feedback and existing programs to ensure their effectiveness and shape the development of new programs.

These measures are designed to build on the many outstanding programs already in place at NFL stadiums to enhance the fan experience.

Fan code of conduct

"The National Football League and its teams are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all fans, both in the stadium and in the parking lot. We want all fans attending our games to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion. When attending a game, you are required to refrain from the following behaviors:

Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature.
    Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior.
    Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
    Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field).
    Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel.
    Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans.

"Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats. Stadium staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests, and other fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior. Event patrons and guests who violate these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future games."
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NFL fan code of conduct policy

Well, I'm glad they won't tolerate illegal activity...but wait, what will that mean for the Bengals' roster? Oh, I see they are referring to fans, not the team.
    We're good to go!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Why not just ban alcohol sales at football games? It seems to me that every one of those codes of conduct probably would not occur unless you are drinking/drunk or are a Pittsburgh Steeler fan.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Why not just ban alcohol sales at football games? It seems to me that every one of those codes of conduct probably would not occur unless you are drinking/drunk
    You know, you are probably right. It's not gonna happen, given the revenue generated by beer sales, but it would make a big difference. I, for one, cannot fathom why someone would shell out fifty bucks for a football ticket AND THEN another $50 to get so ripped that I can't remember what down it is.

And while I'm on it, they could probably make a dent in the problems by enforcing open container laws at the tailgating parties.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    You know, you are probably right. It's not gonna happen, given the revenue generated by beer sales, but it would make a big difference. I, for one, cannot fathom why someone would shell out fifty bucks for a football ticket AND THEN another $50 to get so ripped that I can't remember what down it is.

And while I'm on it, they could probably make a dent in the problems by enforcing open container laws at the tailgating parties.
    Its 8 bucks for a beer at a Colts game, who can afford to get ripped there?
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Turn Off Ads?