Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Collective Redszone Thank You!

Collective Redszone Thank You!

The Reds have got to be commended for what they have done the last 36 hours, and by extension this season. The talent they have brought in is sick. The amount of money spent shows they are serious. Pats on the back to Walt Jocketty, Chris Buckley, Wayne Krivsky and most importantly Bob Castellini. Dedication to building a long term winner, is what the franchise has been desperately wanting since the mid eighties. This splurge shows they mean business and serves notice to other young talent around the world that the Reds are on the upswing.

Thank You, you have provided one Reds fan with a beacon of hope.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Collective Redszone Thank You!

When Wayne Krivsky joined the club, I thought, "Well, maybe he will be a good GM, but there's no way he can get this club anywhere near respectability. There is absolutely no hope for optimism in this organization, and it won't be long before people start talking about moving it to another city." Then, next thing you know, the Reds start making sense: They start investing in the minor leagues. I don't know who specifically deserves the credit for that, but I'll just go ahead and say a big 'thank you' to the Reds organization. There is finally hope for optimism, and it happened much more rapidly than I ever would have expected. There is a long way to go, but I believe the people in place can make it happen. I'm proud to be a Reds fan, and I'll be a lot more proud when players like Yorman Rodriguez and Yonder Alfonso are making the next edition of the Big Red Machine.

This year the Reds have really put the emphasis on the minors...finally. It is really exciting to see what's happening. Duran. Then Yorman Rodriguez. They sign Alonso. They really surprised me by signing both Fairel and Sulbaran - both were supposedly firmly committed to college and would have been 3rd round, maybe 2nd rounders if they were reasonably expected to be signable - and the Reds got them both. Stewart has been very good. Arias is a pretty good player too. Some of the lesser lights from the 08 draft are playing well, and a couple DSL kids have moved into the GCL and are playing well. The Reds already had a deep farm system and several young players graduated to the Reds and they've added 5 more young players in the two big trades. The Reds are starting to get very young and that may cause some problems next year but I don;t mind when I can actually see a brighter future coming along.

I think Wayne K was a vg Gm and made development the creedo to make this team have a future.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Turn Off Ads?