Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bengals vs. Lions Game

Bengals vs. Lions Game

Anyone have any tips for a first timer at Paul Brown Stadium? My girl got some free tickets from work so we're going to go to the game and this will be the first NFL game I've been to since a preseason game back at the old Riverfront Stadium. I've heard PBS is a great place to see a game but I've never been there myself and I'd love to hear any tips some veterans might have.

Since the Reds game has a great pitching matchup I think we will hit that before and then grab dinner before the Bengals game at PBS. A whole day of Cincinnati fun.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bengals vs. Lions Game

When the Lions have the ball, yell like crazy. When the Bengals have the ball, be quiet unless it's immediately after a good play (but shut up when they break out of the huddle).

Keep an eye on Calvin Johnson of the Lions--at the end of his career, we may be saying he is one of the best wide receiver to have ever played the game.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    When the Lions have the ball, yell like crazy. When the Bengals have the ball, be quiet unless it's immediately after a good play (but shut up when they break out of the huddle).

Thanks, and this should suit my Ohio State cheering strategy well since we don't like Michigan here either.

I was thinking more like stuff to see in the stadium, good stadium food, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post

Thanks, and this should suit my Ohio State cheering strategy well since we don't like Michigan here either.

I think they have a Gold Star stand at the stadium if you have a craving for cheese coneys.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I have season tickets so I can probably answer any questions you have. It is a great stadium. There is really not a bad seat in the stadium. In terms of things to see there is a nice large Bengals gift shop on the first level of the stadium. You enter it after you go into the stadium. Food is pretty standard stadium food unless you have club seats on the 2nd level which has its own concession stands. The stadium will open 90 minutes before the game so it should open around 6:05 tomorrow night. Might be an interesting traffic situation in the afternoon as the people that arrive early for tailgating will run into those leaving the Reds game. That is about all I can think of. If you have other questions I can try to answer them.

depending on your transportation/parking you may want to be aware of the parking advisory for sunday if you're not already.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post

Keep an eye on Calvin Johnson of the Lions--at the end of his career, we may be saying he is one of the best wide receiver to have ever played the game.
    I would say that about Calvin Johnson if he were playing for any other team.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'm doing the Cincinnati sports double play tomorrow and I can't wait!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing as well....looking forward to a great day with 2 wins hopefully.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Anyone have any tips for a first timer at Paul Brown Stadium? My girl got some free tickets from work so we're going to go to the game and this will be the first NFL game I've been to since a preseason game back at the old Riverfront Stadium. I've heard PBS is a great place to see a game but I've never been there myself and I'd love to hear any tips some veterans might have.

Get to drink free beer and eat free food like I will be. That's my suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I think they have a Gold Star stand at the stadium if you have a craving for cheese coneys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    I have season tickets so I can probably answer any questions you have. It is a great stadium. There is really not a bad seat in the stadium. In terms of things to see there is a nice large Bengals gift shop on the first level of the stadium. You enter it after you go into the stadium. Food is pretty standard stadium food unless you have club seats on the 2nd level which has its own concession stands. The stadium will open 90 minutes before the game so it should open around 6:05 tomorrow night. Might be an interesting traffic situation in the afternoon as the people that arrive early for tailgating will run into those leaving the Reds game. That is about all I can think of. If you have other questions I can try to answer them.
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    depending on your transportation/parking you may want to be aware of the parking advisory for sunday if you're not already.
    Thanks for all the advice. I didn't really have any specific questions...just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any "must see" things in PBS since I've never been there and probably won't make it out to too many Bengals games (unless we get free tickets again). I'm hoping to just find some cheap parking over the river in Kentucky and leave the car for the day. Then hit the Reds game, grab dinner somewhere in Newport/downtown, and then the Bengals game. Looking forward to it!

Anybody know if the game is on in the Lexington kentucky area tonight?
    We'll win it all next year...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I haven't been to a Bengals game in a while, and I scored a couple of tickets for tonight's game. The question I have is, when I go to Reds games, I park in the parking lots on Mehring Way, I take it those lots are still available for Bengals games, or do you need some kind of pass?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Wow, a masochist.

Turn Off Ads?