Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Dave Duncan

  1. #1
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,508

    Dave Duncan

    Bernie Miklasz, St Louis Post Dispatch:

    The contract of Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan expires after the season. Will he return? Cardinals management would be making a big mistake to assume it's automatic
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 08-17-2008 at 10:57 AM.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Williamsport, PA
    Posts
    12,364

    Re: Dave Duncan

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Bernie Miklasz, St Louis Post Dispatch:
    The contract of Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan expires after the season. Will he return? Cardinals management would be making a big mistake to assume it's automatic
    Duncan will be there as long as LaRussa is the manager.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

  4. #3
    Member Reds4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,929

    Re: Dave Duncan

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Duncan will be there as long as LaRussa is the manager.
    Yup. Unless LaRussa gets fired this offseason, Dunk ain't going anywhere.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

  5. #4
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,644

    Re: Dave Duncan

    I doubt either will be seen around here, Dusty is Bob's man
    Go Gators!

  6. #5
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,963

    Re: Dave Duncan

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I doubt either will be seen around here, Dusty is Bob's man
    Nah. If Larussa or Duncan were available and Bob could afford them, they'd be here in a heartbeat. Dusty was the consolation prize. That's pretty much public knowledge.

  7. #6
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,644

    Re: Dave Duncan

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Nah. If Larussa or Duncan were available and Bob could afford them, they'd be here in a heartbeat. Dusty was the consolation prize. That's pretty much public knowledge.
    I'd have rather had a years worth of cat litter.
    Go Gators!

  8. #7
    Member VR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    8,582

    Re: Dave Duncan

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I'd have rather had a years worth of cat litter.
    You are great under valuing kitty litter. Did you mean 'used' kitty litter?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

  9. #8
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,628

    Re: Dave Duncan

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Yup. Unless LaRussa gets fired this offseason, Dunk ain't going anywhere.
    They are package deal, LaRussa lost the White Sox job because Hawk Harrelson hired his guy and fired Duncan.

  10. #9
    Member Reds4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,929

    Re: Dave Duncan

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    They are package deal, LaRussa lost the White Sox job because Hawk Harrelson hired his guy and fired Duncan.
    LaRussa has a contract for next season, which he can be forced to honor, even if they don't re-up Duncan.

    In any case, I don't see any reason why St. Louis won't offer him a new contract. They'd be stupid to let him go.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

  11. #10
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,104

    Re: Dave Duncan

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    LaRussa has a contract for next season, which he can be forced to honor, even if they don't re-up Duncan.

    In any case, I don't see any reason why St. Louis won't offer him a new contract. They'd be stupid to let him go.
    They guy is simply the best there is. You let him go.... you have problems.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

  12. #11
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,668

    Re: Dave Duncan

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    They guy is simply the best there is. You let him go.... you have problems.
    Yeah. It's not like the guy is Walt Jocketty! :
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  13. #12
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,104

    Re: Dave Duncan

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Yeah. It's not like the guy is Walt Jocketty! :
    I say stink, you say stunk... in the end this club is in trouble. Duncan would at least have some fun working with Volquez and Cueto.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    princeton, nj
    Posts
    9,482

    Re: Dave Duncan

    Duncan's worth more than 16 year old Latin American OFers, IMO

  15. #14
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,210

    Re: Dave Duncan

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    LaRussa has a contract for next season, which he can be forced to honor, even if they don't re-up Duncan.

    In any case, I don't see any reason why St. Louis won't offer him a new contract. They'd be stupid to let him go.
    If Duncan doesn't come back to the Cards I would bet Larussa will "retire" than to comeback without his right arm (Duncan).
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  16. #15
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,580

    Re: Dave Duncan

    Forget about Duncan.

    Go after Mazzone. Walt of all people should know the value of an elite pitching coach.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25