Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 16 yr Old drops out of School to focus on his Guitar Hero career

Re: 16 yr Old drops out of School to focus on his Guitar Hero career

Who actually pays to go and see these guys? Seriously, watching someone else play video games, especially ones that are the same game over and over (like Guitar Hero)...at least when you're watching someone else play sports there is variablility in the game, not just who can press a button the fastest at the right time...

I guess it depends on whether you view athletic talent as more of a skill then memorizing and pushing buttons at the right time...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle55 View Post
    Who actually pays to go and see these guys?
    Lots of people, apparently -- IIRC, there are televised matches of "Starcraft" still being shown on TV over in South Korea.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    My mom should have let me stay home.

I could have made a living being the all-time Asteroids champion. I was unstoppable.
    I was thinking the same thing. Wow, did we put together some marathon sessions with that game. Twelve hours later and we'd still have one life left.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

People watch poker. At least Guitar Hero has music.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by NYMoose View Post
    Space Invaders!!
    Galaga
    Never overlook the obvious

To those who'd say that this is a fad...I imagine the same was said when karaoke first started. They are not identical concepts, but have their similarities. I don't expect these Guitar Hero type games to completly phase out over the years...maybe they have reached their peak though.

Disclaimer...I play Rock Band myself, and yes I know it is a "fake" way to play instruments, but it sure is fun. Maybe my parties are lame, but at any gathering bust out the Rock Band and you've got your guests entertained.

I don't get the "professional" Guitar Hero player thing though, but thats just me.

Turn Off Ads?