Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How many wins will the Bengals have in 2008?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 6

19 25.00%

13 17.11%

18 23.68%

4 5.26%

10 13.16%

11 14.47%

1 1.32%
  • More than 11

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bengals Predictions for 2008

Re: Bengals Predictions for 2008

I look at it this way. The bengals are better this year than last year. Just an opinion but they have looked awful in the preseason. Last season the Bengals lost these games which they very easily could have won. Cleveland, Seattle, Kansas City, Buffalo, Arizona, and San Fran. They could have won 6 more games last year than they did, and it really isn't a stretch to think a play or two plays in these games go a different way and the Bengals were a playoff team.

The Bengals have become a whipping boy of the national media, the source of negativity from everyone in this city, and the laughing stock of football. Chad is back playing for a contract. Carson is thought of as a top flight QB. The D should be better. I like Rivers and the secondary this season. Odem should be an upgrade on the pass rush over Smith.

I think this team will compete to win the AFC North and Wild Card. A 9-7 team may win the AFC north this season. You can never tell how strong a schedule will be until the season gets underway. In 05 the schedule was supposed to be a killer but it ended up fairly easy. I think this team can win anywhere between 7-11 games. I hope for the higher figure but if things start to go bad it could very easily turn into a bad season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think my prediction of 6 wins was way too optimistic after watching them for a half. I think 4-12 or 3-13 is more realistic.

Heck, I think the Ravens are going to be lucky to win 5 games this year.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

0 isn't an option?

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I think my prediction of 6 wins was way too optimistic after watching them for a half. I think 4-12 or 3-13 is more realistic.

Heck, I think the Ravens are going to be lucky to win 5 games this year.
    That was one horrible display, no question about it. And as optimistic as I once was I am now that pessimistic. Truly awful and although I expect them to improve over the course of the season so does the competition. I now expect to be picking top 10 again.

Looks like I need to kickstart my old mantra of Bratkowski must go at the very least. Way too predictable and again not enough running the ball which looked solid at times. Although again Ghiacuic isn't much of a run blocking center either. So why do we continue to try to run it up the gut pretty much exclusively with Ghiacuics lack of push and 2 RB's better suited to outside running.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Geez Mo....aren't Bengals fans suffering enough already? :

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I'm thinking 7-9 yet again. I would like to be more optimistic, but after going to tonight's game, I can't help but think it will be more of the same. The offense is just completely out of synch, and while the D shouldn't be as bad, I still don't think it will be good.
    As usual, I'm an idiot. 7-9.... HA!

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    0-16
    Winner.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I was the one person who predicted 11 wins. The Reds are going to win 100+ games next year, btw.

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

I'm a moron.

I will say this is the last time this'll happen on my part. After 20ish years of being a fan (I'm 27 years old), I think they've finally done me in. I'll still watch on Sundays (at least have the games on in the background), but they are going to have to actually luck into another 2005 or hire a GM + more scouts before I bother caring again.

Thanks Mike Brown!
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Here's my prediction: Jeremi Johnson will not have a good rating in future versions of Madden.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'm a moron.

I will say this is the last time this'll happen on my part. After 20ish years of being a fan (I'm 27 years old), I think they've finally done me in. I'll still watch on Sundays (at least have the games on in the background), but they are going to have to actually luck into another 2005 or hire a GM + more scouts before I bother caring again.

Thanks Mike Brown!
    You're not a moron Redsfaithful. You're a fan. The real moron is Mike Brown. You've been a fan all of your life. Mike has been a priviledged, sheltered waste of DNA all of his life. You're disappointed, maybe even broken-hearted. Mike is happy as he counts his money, maybe even gleeful.

I'll take a stadium full of 'you' before I ever wish Mike Brown 'Merry Christmas'.

Rem

Turn Off Ads?