Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ross trade deadline is Wednesday...trade brewing?

Re: Ross trade deadline is Wednesday...trade brewing?

Denorfia has been battling back problems this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I think you might be the only person who would go that far. Wise is having a surprisingly-good year, but I don't know that anyone expects it to last.
    Well, that's the difference between people thinking it will last and people thinking it will start. The facts are that Dwayne Wise, at the major league level, has, to this point far surpassed anything that Chris Denorfia has ever done. That may change in the future but, at this point, it should be considered unlikely.

Rem

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    And the team that acquired Denorfia got nada, zip, zilch, nothing. It's really a non-issue. Let it go.

Rem
    The Reds did get 1 Million to cover part of the Cormier contract. That was a little something.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    The Reds did get 1 Million to cover part of the Cormier contract. That was a little something.
    Actually, I read that the entire Cormier extension was covered, which would've been over two million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Makes that Denorfia trade look even better now, doesn't it?

With Dunn gone and the CF uncertainty (or even OF uncertainty for that matter), it would definitely be a better situation to have Denorfia on the roster.

I doubt we'll get anything for Ross, seeing as the Fish seemed to have the most interest and that didn't happen before the non-waiver deadline.
    Remember, the Deno trade was apparently all about correcting the Cormier trade, per Wayne.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Because it's a RedsZone tradition. It's always been about Denorfia, Hatteberg, Freel, Boussard, and Cameron. Mediocre players at best.

Yep, when the Reds need a 30HR 100 RBI man, we still lust after .260 hitting, 50 RBI guys that play good defense behind a mediocre to bad pitching staff.

Go figure.
    When the Reds need a 30 HR 100 RBI man, they trade away a 40 HR 100 RBI man.

Makes plenty of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Ben Jukich came back as a PTBNL in that trade as well. He might yet help the Reds.
    I had forgotten about Jukich, but isn't his timetable 2011 at the earliest?

Well, that's the difference between people thinking it will last and people thinking it will start. The facts are that Dwayne Wise, at the major league level, has, to this point far surpassed anything that Chris Denorfia has ever done. That may change in the future but, at this point, it should be considered unlikely.

Rem
    What makes you draw that conclusion?

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Actually, I read that the entire Cormier extension was covered, which would've been over two million dollars.
    Even better! I couldn't find the W/K article where he wanted to make sure everyone "knew" that.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I used to be a big fan of Chris Denorfia about two years ago. I remember starting a thread on how much I liked him and how I thought he was underrated and could put together a Brady Clark type of career. Then he got injured and has never produced like I once thought he could. In less than two years he's gone from underrated in my opinion to the most overrated player in Redszone history.

Rem
    Wise: 430 PA, .216/.252/.380
    Deno: 222 PA, .273/.353/.361

Wise may have gotten a few more PA, but he certainly hasn't done more with them than Deno.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Is he any worse than Corey Patterson?

Was he any worse than Chris Dickerson?

With McBeth no longer a Red, we gave Denorfia away for nada, zip, zilch, nothing.

I hope Walt doesn't make those same mistakes...
    Cody Ross and Cantu who we gave away for nothing was much worse then these guys!

Makes plenty of sense.
    a 30 HR 100 RBI guy in another park might be a 40HR guy here and that guy will probably be much cheaper than Dunn and hopefully better defensively. If we want Dunn back he is a Free agent and we grabbed some prospects, but I don't see Dunn back.

Makes plenty of sense.
    If the 40HR 100 RBI man has his downsides and (if as rumored) is looking for a contract in the 5-6 yr/$100-120M range, it may well make sense.

I would not have minded re-upping Dunn for 3yrs or so for something in the $45-60M range, but would not have gone any more than 3 years (maybe with a 4th option year tops). I can't say for sure that is what it would have cost, but if that was their thinking, I can see going in a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Denorfia had TJ surgery. It's in no way career-derailing for a hitter. Janish has had it, too.
    Age 24 AAA: .310/.391/.505
    Age 25 AAA: .349/.409/.484
    Age 26: injured
    Age 27 AAA: .303/.340/.414

Whether it was the TJ or something else, he's not close to the same guy he used to be.

Turn Off Ads?