Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Encarnacion ...

Encarnacion ...

When is the line of no return for this guy? I keep hearing the age thing, but he's been in the league for a couple years now and hasn't improved. He couldn't even LOOK A GUY BACK TO THIRD on a bunt from the pitcher! He's got the worst, or close to it, defensive stats in the league. And at the plate, he's a streaky overglorified .250 pull hitter. When is this supposed improvement going to happen?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Encarnacion ...

If I recall correctly the pitcher and catcher both pointed towards first.

Who will replace him?

What kills me is Fans will say no way was that EE's fault when it clearly was.When you put your car
    in reverse you look back!! its trained in you and common sense.EE just not cutting it at 3B IMO.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

EE could have had time to look back, but when Bako is clearly pointing for him to throw to first, that's the first thing he goes to look at.

What kills me is that EE recieves barely any more support when he comes to bat at GABP than Corey Patterson. It's pathetic. Currently leading the team in OPS, and the fans don't give two [expletive] about him as a player on the team they're rooting for. I was sitting behind homeplate and I could hear a pin drop when he came up.

Quote Originally Posted by AccordinglyReds View Post
    EE could have had time to look back, but when Bako is clearly pointing for him to throw to first, that's the first thing he goes to look at.

What kills me is that EE recieves barely any more support when he comes to bat at GABP than Corey Patterson. It's pathetic. Currently leading the team in OPS, and the fans don't give two [expletive] about him as a player on the team they're rooting for. I was sitting behind homeplate and I could hear a pin drop when he came up.
    Leading the Reds in OPS is kinda like leading the Harlem Globetrotters in steals.

Quote Originally Posted by AccordinglyReds View Post

They gotta blame somebody.

Hey, EE doesn't always do the right thing, but I can see how he thought Bako was his "eyes" on the play. Even though the commentators ate him up, I don't think he was that far off. I mean, it was the rotund catcher speeding down that 3rd baseline...

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I'm about to reach extreme fatigue in the EE waiting game as well. I don't know that's he's ever going to be any better than he is.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I'm about to reach extreme fatigue in the EE waiting game as well. I don't know that's he's ever going to be any better than he is.
    I've hit that wall...everytime he looks like a fool swinging at that first pitch out of the strike zone...he's willie greene all over.

And that dumb smirk...

actually i watch these guys, all of them, and wonder who taught them how to play baseball

well two things.. EE was in the wrong on that play at third.. BUT.. there are not many 3b who flash more leather than EE.. his problem has ALWAYS been spotting the first basemens mitt on the throw.. when he settles and sets his feet and delivers a fastball strike to third the is as money as anyone.. if he could just learn to set his feet and calm down........

I havent given up on him yet.. but if he doesnt improve it this offseason i will start getting on that wagon..

I am still telling you being on this losing team has really made alot of players not approach the game the same, meaning more errors and mental mistakes.. fwiw..

It's hard to give up on the guy, but it's my impression that we've seen all we're going to see from EE. A nice increase in power this year, but the average is a little rough and the defense, well, it's bad. I think he's spotting the glove just fine, it's just sometimes on 12 year-old in the first or or two of the stands. Every time he fields one I hold my breath, much like F-Lo in his time here. Bottom line though is the Reds have no one to push him out of that spot. Talk of converting players to new positions is largely academic. If this were a better team, EE wouldn't be such a glaring issue, but now that the outfield has been cleaned out, 3B is an obvious point of improvement.
    Brian

Editor StorageReview.com - SSD & HDD Reviews

Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    well two things.. EE was in the wrong on that play at third.. BUT.. there are not many 3b who flash more leather than EE.. his problem has ALWAYS been spotting the first basemens mitt on the throw.. when he settles and sets his feet and delivers a fastball strike to third the is as money as anyone.. if he could just learn to set his feet and calm down........

I havent given up on him yet.. but if he doesnt improve it this offseason i will start getting on that wagon..

I am still telling you being on this losing team has really made alot of players not approach the game the same, meaning more errors and mental mistakes.. fwiw..
    Thankfully throwing mechanics is one of the easier things to fix. You can never really fix range.

Turn Off Ads?