Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My last ever Adam Dunn Thread - from the ORG "Dunn Appreciation Thread"

Re: My last ever Adam Dunn Thread - from the ORG "Dunn Appreciation Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    Yet again Dunn gets blamed for the entire offense going in the tank. Nobody on the '06 team played worth a damn the final month of the season.
    the "offensive leader" had an OPS of .583, he sure as hell isnt paid for defense soo we should probably be asking for our money back.. right..? while the TEAM average OPS including his awesomeness was .657

for example during that time..
    Rich Aurilia.. .897 OPS..
    Norris Hopper.. .914 OPS..

soo dont tell me NOONE played worth a damn that final month..

Had Griffey not gotten hurt.. and had Bphill not have blown his load early in his first full year in the majors this team could have even overcome atlas dunns collapse..

2. Turn Off Ads?

If I was Dunn I would be taking swipes at the organization, the media, the fans, and especially the broadcasters! For a guy that never complained, constantly produced, and played every day he took more BS than anyone since Eric Davis. I love the Reds but the way Adam Dunn was treated in Cincinnati is an absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post

Had Griffey not gotten hurt.. and had Bphill not have blown his load early in his first full year in the majors this team could have even overcome atlas dunns collapse..

I love the excuses for Brandon!

And yes, Norris Hopper and his 21 games and 39 ABs! LOL!

constantly produced.. with adam dunn.. now that is FUNNY..

just look at his 2008 splits.. since all we care about is OPS..
    OPS of sub .800 in april, june, and august..
    OPS above 1.1 in May and July...

that is CONSISTENT....

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    I love the excuses for Brandon!

And yes, Norris Hopper and his 21 games and 39 ABs! LOL!
    What excuse?? its true..

Dunn had a month of an OPS over 1 his rookie year, and then the last month it dropped to .850....

Still doesn't address the fact that the claim was that NOONE did anything at the end of that year..

heck the pitching.. was the BEST that september with a TEAM era of 3.64.. more than half a run better than any other month..

quit making excuses for why we should pay a guy to be an offensive leader if he can't lead a 3 piece marching band down a straight street..

You could break down every player in month by month segments. And some months will be better than others... That's why the season is 162 games. If 40, 100, 100, and 100 isn't consistent then I would like to hear your definition.

You are right about Dunn sucking it up at the end of '06. But he has rebounded the last 2 seasons, he's cut down his K total and he's playing better defense. Now that he's on a good team, his numbers are going to keep going up.

i would agree he has cut down his k's and improved on defense.. but lets also be honest.. you can only go up from about zero defense..

consistent is a guy who doesnt have 100 point BA swings month to month..

Dunn might be hott right now.. but with how we is probably the streakiest power swinger in the game today he will surely cool off either right before the playoffs or during them, which is not what AZ wants.. unless he does something he has NEVER done.. stay hot for a more than 3 week period that is usually followed by the lowest of slumps..

Adam Dunn's production will be sorely missed.

Good to see some teams know how to use their players.

Well, not really good at all.

Duhhhhsty and the Reds

Hard to be a fan sometimes.

and no excuses, but Dunn was playing with a broken wrist the last half of that year...

The entire team stunk down the stretch, especially offensively - other than the great Norris Hopper (BWAHAHAHAH!)

And of course your special friend BP gets away with a 149 .204 .253 .457 line that year, because as you put it, he "blew his wad". Totally understandable.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Even when he slumped in Cincy he got on base. He's got a team around him now that will pick him up, and even protect him at the plate. Most of his slumps were due to him trying to do to much. He would go on a tear and then pitchers would quit pitching to him. Once they quit he would be less selective because the people around him weren't doing the job. I think it's great that AZ and their fans realize what a difference he's made in their lineup. Think Reds fans will notice too, once they see how much trouble we have scoring runs.

2006 August lines:
    BP .149 .204 .253 .457
    Dunn .157 .333 .265 .598
    Ross .185 .281 .389 .670
    Hatte .206 .349 .235 .585
    Freel .208 .311 .302 .613
    EE .214 .299 .286 .585
    Hopper .361 .442 .472 .914
    Aurilia .344 .385 .511 .897

Yes, surely looks like Dunn's Fault...

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Is your #1 based upon facts, or heresay?
    If he was coming back he still can and they got 3 players to boot.

The Reds can sign him just like any other team this off season, the Reds were going NO WHERE this season and now he gets a change to get a ring. If he likes the Reds that much he can pull a Ricky Henderson and resign with the Reds this off season

Anyone see Dunn's 3 run blast off of Jake Peavy last night?

After playing for a winner with fans that appreciate him, he'll never resign.

here's a good Dunn article on Yahoo Sports

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Turn Off Ads?