Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What college did you go to and what did you major in?

Re: What college did you go to and what did you major in?

Kent State University - BA, International Relations, 1994
    Bowling Green State University - Attempted Dual MA in Political Science and German, DNF.
    University of Akron - JD, 2007

Currently a licensed attorney trying to break into the business any way I can.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

UC - Finance

OSU - Senior year of high school (post secondary options)
    OU - BA - Classics
    UK - MA in Classics; Masters in Education
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I thought at least one person on the board would be a Pharmacist.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I thought at least one person on the board would be a Pharmacist.
    I started pharmacy school on Wed. I am much older than the average pharn student and got a BA in history several years ago from George Washington University.

One thing I will say about pharmacy school, if you are in your teens or early twenties, make sure it is what you really want to do. There is no way I could/would have done all the coursework, rotations and required work experience at such a young age. Not because I couldn't handle it, but because pharm school is very serious, it is a professional school, and, IMO, your early 20's should be about experiencing new things and having fun. Pharm school= serious lifelong career, college=learning, fun and self discovery.

Let me know if you need help with organic, I loved that stuff for some odd reason.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    trying to break into the business any way I can.
    No, no ... those are the ones who need a licensed attorney.

Ohio University, journalism.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

College: Depends on the year....
    Major: (see above)
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

UNC Charlotte, and I start on Saturday.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Norwich-PE
    Salem State-English
    Central Arkansas-Education
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingRed View Post
    I started pharmacy school on Wed. I am much older than the average pharn student and got a BA in history several years ago from George Washington University.

One thing I will say about pharmacy school, if you are in your teens or early twenties, make sure it is what you really want to do. There is no way I could/would have done all the coursework, rotations and required work experience at such a young age. Not because I couldn't handle it, but because pharm school is very serious, it is a professional school, and, IMO, your early 20's should be about experiencing new things and having fun. Pharm school= serious lifelong career, college=learning, fun and self discovery.

Let me know if you need help with organic, I loved that stuff for some odd reason.
    Just turned 18 a few months ago. I have 2 years of Pre-Pharmacy before I can get into the actual Pharmacy school at UC. I did very well in Chemistry in high school and actually enjoyed it a little..which is why I chose pharmacy.

Did you do pre-pharmacy or get directly into the pharmacy school?

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Just turned 18 a few months ago. I have 2 years of Pre-Pharmacy before I can get into the actual Pharmacy school at UC. I did very well in Chemistry in high school and actually enjoyed it a little..which is why I chose pharmacy.

Did you do pre-pharmacy or get directly into the pharmacy school?
    I took alot of the pre-reqs the are involved in pre-pharmacy over the last couple years and had satisfied alot of the others during my undergrad years.
    You can always switch pretty easily from pre-pharm to bio or chemistry for a major.
    All I am saying is the pharmacy school is a huge financial and time commitment and very competitive. Think about what you want out of life right now before diving headlong into a something that can be very life consuming.
    My advice: Take your basic classes, don't sweat a career like pharmacy for a few years and go start a band or something.

UC- majored in Budweiser 40 ouncers and bong hits, mostly. Along the way:

Ended up two classes shy of graduating with a BA in German Lit., dropped out.
    Returned, changed major to Poli Sci, graduated a year later.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonBuzz3 View Post
    I just got my first "real" job working for a professional soccer team in LA in group sales. Got to start in sales basically, but you could get anything from sales, marketing, facility management, or even player personnel management within the world of sport. Just my opinion, but you can't beat going to a stadium everyday for work
    Ahhh, so you got the job! Congratulations! I was wondering....

Have you moved to LA yet?

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by MasonBuzz3 View Post
    I just got my first "real" job working for a professional soccer team in LA in group sales. Got to start in sales basically, but you could get anything from sales, marketing, facility management, or even player personnel management within the world of sport. Just my opinion, but you can't beat going to a stadium everyday for work
    I disagree. I was a Sports and Rec. Major at Temple University and ended up getting an internship with the Frederick Keys (Orioles A club) after my freshman year. It was in Group sales and boy did I hate it. Working 9-4 during the offseason and during away games, while working 8 from an hour until the game ended (usually around 11:00 but I've gotten out as late as 1:30 thanks to rain delays). It was comprised of a lot of b*tch work (phone calls, getting events set up, and doing nothing). I really felt like I wasn't getting much of an education (including the internship and the classes) so I decided to change to Accounting. I like it a lot better, and although not the most interesting job in the world, I'm actually learning quite a lot and there will be some money out there for me once I graduate which will be in a year.

I heard a saying once, "Don't make your hobby your profession, or else you'll grow to hate it." Well, I'm not sure if that's completely true in any case, but I found there to be some sort of relevance in it, atleast for me.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Ahhh, so you got the job! Congratulations! I was wondering....

Have you moved to LA yet?

Rem
    I'll be driving out Labor day weekend, thanks for your help man

Turn Off Ads?