Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tressel

Re: Tressel

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Everett, Massachusetts is where he was born. He grew up in Chelsea, Mass.
    I was not specific enough. I guess what I really want to know is: what is Brian Kelly's dream job? Jim Tressel came from Youngstown and is an Ohio guy. He enjoys nothing more than working with young football players from Ohio, and Ohio State is the peak of all things football in football...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I was not specific enough. I guess what I really want to know is: what is Brian Kelly's dream job? Jim Tressel came from Youngstown and is an Ohio guy. He enjoys nothing more than working with young football players from Ohio, and Ohio State is the peak of all things football in football...
    I know what you are saying. Actually, a lot of people think that he is from Michigan, because his last job was at Central Michigan. I thought that you were making a common misconception that he was from Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    As good as I think UC will be as the year progress, they won't sniff OU in Norman this early in the year. OU is going to be more advanced, and UC is playing a "new" (as in hasn't played in two year) QB. At home or neutral they might have a shot.
    I may be a total homer on this, but I disagree. UC will not let up many points with that defense, which means one or two turnovers could be the difference. Grutza hasn't played in one year, not two. The only game he started last year he got Big Easy player of the week also. I think he will be a pleasant surprise (but I still want Mauk back).

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    Jim Tressel ran over my puppy and just kept driving. Brian Kelly was following him, stopped his car, performed CPR on my puppy, and saved my puppy.
    I thought it was Bob Boone's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    I may be a total homer on this, but I disagree. UC will not let up many points with that defense, which means one or two turnovers could be the difference. Grutza hasn't played in one year, not two. The only game he started last year he got Big Easy player of the week also. I think he will be a pleasant surprise (but I still want Mauk back).
    Bigger, Faster, Stronger. That is what Oklahoma is compared to UC. UC will have to play a great game in order to play with Oklahoma. While UC's D may be good the offense needs to keep Oklahoma's offense off the field. UC hasn't faced a team with this much ability since they last played OSU. I don't see this game staying closer. I do however see this game springboarding UC to a pretty good conference record.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Bigger, Faster, Stronger. That is what Oklahoma is compared to UC. UC will have to play a great game in order to play with Oklahoma. While UC's D may be good the offense needs to keep Oklahoma's offense off the field. UC hasn't faced a team with this much ability since they last played OSU. I don't see this game staying closer. I do however see this game springboarding UC to a pretty good conference record.
    I agree, Oklahoma is clearly the favorite and they should win this came, but I'm still pretty optimistic. If I remember correctly the last time UC played OSU they held them close until late in the game when OSU wore them down. That was pre-Brian Kelly when our offense was run run run punt with Dantonio. UC's defense was on the field a whole lot that game, and OSU had them tired at the end when they blew it open. Hopefully a few more first downs are in the picture now that we have a coach who knows how to move the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    UC hasn't faced a team with this much ability since they last played OSU.
    Last year's West Virginia team that beat Oklahoma by 20 might have something to say about that.
    Last edited by Redlegs23; 08-25-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Turn Off Ads?