Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I would watch that if it was on more

Re: I would watch that if it was on more

Olympic soccer coverage was/is atrocious anyway. The commercial breaks make it marginally unwatchable.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Every Monday night on USA from 9 to 11, duh.
    Not that kind

Indoor volleyball. But I'm biased. I played for about 1/2 my life.

All of the other things are interesting to watch during the Olympics. But I don't know if I'd watch more if it was on more. Only so many hours in the day, you know?

Plus I think that's what makes watching things like badminton, table tennis, etc so interesting to watch during the Olympics. Because you only get to see it every 4 years, it holds your attention a little more when it's on.

On the handball debate - I went to the men's medal matches in 1996. First time I'd ever seen the sport. After the games, it was pretty popular in some local rec leagues. It's also one of those things that's interesting...but not enough to watch it on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Word is that ESPN is going to buying the US rights to the EPL when the contract comes up next year...
    One one hand, that could be good, in that it would mean live EPL matches in HD on ABC on the weekends. On the other, hand, it could mean a significant decrease in the number of EPL matches available on TV. I hope it means greater access to soccer and more exposure for the MLS. Maybe they could even work a weekly highlights program into their coverage.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    One one hand, that could be good, in that it would mean live EPL matches in HD on ABC on the weekends. On the other, hand, it could mean a significant decrease in the number of EPL matches available on TV. I hope it means greater access to soccer and more exposure for the MLS. Maybe they could even work a weekly highlights program into their coverage.
    I haven't read anything about it recently, but I remember reading a while back that ESPN was going to convert ESPN Classic into ESPN3 or ESPN World and would make EPL games the centerpiece of the "new" network.

I tend to think EPL on ESPN is going to be a reality. Their coverage of the Euro Cup this summer looks and smells an awful lot like a dry-run for future soccer coverage. They devoted a LOT of resources to promoting it, including nightly recap shows and prominent slotting on SportsCenter during the tournament.

The idea certainly doesn't seem as far fetched as it once did.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Not that kind
    Ohhhhhh.

You want to see more amateur rasslin'....

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    Olympic soccer coverage was/is atrocious anyway. The commercial breaks make it marginally unwatchable.
    DTV had a soccer and basketball channel without commercials. I actually started enjoying basketball again because of this. Soccer is unwatchable, for me, anyway.

Team Handball was great. I would love to see more of it. I also really enjoy the diving and gymnastics.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

My junior high phys. ed. students have been playing team handball in my class for years, and they love it!

More women's gymnastics and swimming. I don't think they covered these sports enough.

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    More women's gymnastics and swimming. I don't think they covered these sports enough.

Gotta love the broadcast choices on the Olympics.

The only major sporting event broadcast not designed to appeal to sports fans.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Gotta love the broadcast choices on the Olympics.

The only major sporting event broadcast not designed to appeal to sports fans.

Exactly. The Olympics are like the Super Bowl in that a lot of non-sports fans will watch it. They are designed to appeal to the non-sports fans cause they know the sports fans will watch anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?