Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Watched some good baseball this weekend...

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Watched some good baseball this weekend...

It's just too bad that the best baseball I saw over the weekend was from 12 year olds. This team from Hawaii was a joy to watch. Late inning rally to come back from a four run deficit in the semi-final and then they just destroyed the team from Mexico in the final. Every year I really enjoy watching these kids play.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Watched some good baseball this weekend...

That was some good baseball.

I watched a good deal of the Tampa-ChiSox series, and that was also some good baseball, especially on Tampa's side. Haven't missed a beat since losing arguably their two best players to injury, a sight to behold.

Re: Watched some good baseball this weekend...

These kids are getting better and better reach year. The two kids that stood out the most to me were Kennon Fontenot of Louisiana and Juremi Profar of Curacao. Fontenot was throwing 80-81 mph (a 12-year old!) which is the major league equivalent of 104 mph. Profar is a tall lanky kid who played for Curacao. He's got some big time power and he really stood out. Orestes Destrade all but guaranteed Profar will get signed by a major league club when he's 16 and eventually make the majors. I agree. That kid was something.

I liked when they showed clips of Todd Frazier from 10 years ago. He was a fairly small kid back then but now he's around 6'3" 215 and one of the Reds top prospects.

Turn Off Ads?