Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cueto exits with right triceps injury

Cueto exits with right triceps injury

Source: http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

DENVER -- Reds starting pitcher Johnny Cueto exited his start vs. the Rockies on Sunday after just three innings due to a sore right triceps tendon, according to the Reds.

The 22-year-old right-hander will return to Cincinnati for an examination.

Cueto worked three hitless innings and allowed one unearned run, but threw 74 pitches. He walked three and struck out four, leaving with the game tied at 1.

This season in 27 starts, Cueto is 8-12 with a 4.65 ERA in 153 2/3 innings. His career high of innings was set last season in the Minors with 161 1/3.
    Let's hope it's nothing serious

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cueto exits with right triceps injury

I'm with you. Cueto has so much promise and has been dealing lately, very inoppotune time for this injury.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    I'm with you. Cueto has so much promise and has been dealing lately, very inoppotune time for this injury.
    Agreed- I am greatly hoping that everything turns out for the best and his injury is a result of muscle fatigue. I will be following this story closely.

I may have just threw up in my mouth
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Hopefully they will shut him down for the season.No risk injuring him anymore,plus its the time of the year you shut your young pitchers down,barring a playoff chase.

I'm happy that there's talk of shutting him down. If he's pitching in the DSL, I would rather him not have that many innings anyway. Dusty has overused him to the extent that I would be happy if this were just a minor injury. If a minor injury is what it takes to protect our pitchers in the longterm, I am all for it.

I'm really not to worried about it...yet. I believe it's just a strain and there's nothing shown in Cueto's windup or mechanics that would make you believe it's something more serious. However, I will be worried if, whatever it is, Cueto still ends up pitching this season. The season lost and Cueto has already logged in a good number of innings and got some great experience under his built. Shut him and Harang down and move on to next season.

So does this mean we can start blaming Dusty for this............I got 10 bucks says that is what all the Cubs fans are talking about when they are in the middle of going to the playoffs......stupid cubs fans

Let the kids play!

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    So does this mean we can start blaming Dusty for this............I got 10 bucks says that is what all the Cubs fans are talking about when they are in the middle of going to the playoffs......stupid cubs fans
    I don't think they are following much at the Reds and their awful schedule. They are talking about going to the playoffs.

Damn You Dusty Baker.... Damn You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll:

Who Should start saturday:

Daryl Thompson: 6.89 era in 3 A+ Rehab Starts. Allowed 7 hits, walked 3, struck out 4, allowed 7 runs in 5 innings.
    Ramon Ramirez: 3.23 era in 15 AAA starts. Tonight, allowed 5 hits, walked 3, struck out 4, allowed 0 runs in 6 innings.

Fay reports on his blog that it's just a strained elbow and he might just miss one start, although they'll proceed with caution because, according to Jocketty, "he's in uncharted territory."

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post

I'll take that bet. I'm friends with a few Cubs fans and you know what they're talking about? The Cubs. They don't need to talk trash about Dusty and the Reds, the games say it all.

Turn Off Ads?