Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon Booking

Re: Honeymoon Booking

Oops- double post.
    Last edited by SunDeck; 08-25-2008 at 01:35 PM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Where is the best place to book a all-inclusive honeymoon package online? I prefer something in Florida, possibly Orlando. She has never been and I think that everyone needs to go, at least, one time. I was also thinking about somewhere in the Carolinas. Myrtle Beach is a no go. I have already been there and it was very boring to me. If all else fails, Gatlinburg is an option due to it's proximity.

I would like to find something online that would cover the hotel and everything and even tickets to attractions if possible. Any and all help would be appreciated. I'm looking for September 22-26th.
    Can't help with the online booking, but considering the Carolinas, I'll second the nomination of Asheville. If you were going for a longer period, I'd recommend Ocrakoke. And although Myrtle Beach might be a little boring for you, I also agree; Charleston is only a little bit further south and I can't think of a nicer place to spend a honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Can't help with the online booking, but considering the Carolinas, I'll second the nomination of Asheville. If you were going for a longer period, I'd recommend Ocrakoke.
    My wife and I honeymooned in Ocracoke and loved it but I'm not sure I'd agree that spending more than 3 or 4 days there is a great idea. We rented bikes while we were there and felt like we pretty much covered the whole island and did everything we wanted to do after about 3 days. Although you can catch the ferry and explore other nearby areas like Hatteras, Cedar Island, etc.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Whatever you do, don't forget the name of the place where you booked your honeymoon. My wife and I were friends with a young couple and the groom to be had been delegated booking the honeymoon. He researched everything, book themselves in to a bed and breakfast and then lost the name of the place. He was sweating bullets, to say the least. We couldn't ask him in the wedding line whether he had found it, but once they got back, we found out he had (and he'd fessed up to his bride to be).

Whew!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    My wife and I honeymooned in Ocracoke and loved it but I'm not sure I'd agree that spending more than 3 or 4 days there is a great idea. We rented bikes while we were there and felt like we pretty much covered the whole island and did everything we wanted to do after about 3 days. Although you can catch the ferry and explore other nearby areas like Hatteras, Cedar Island, etc.
    I was thinking about the time it takes to get there and back. It's a haul from KY. Then again, if I had a week on Okrakoke, I'd be pretty happy with it, just sitting on the beach every day.

I was thinking about the time it takes to get there and back. It's a haul from KY. Then again, if I had a week on Okrakoke, I'd be pretty happy with it, just sitting on the beach every day.
    Ahh, gotcha. Yes, there are certainly worse things than spending a few days on Ocracoke, no question. You can feel your blood pressure dropping by the minute while you're there.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Having lived in Orlando for 6 years, I wouldn't consider going there on a honeymoon. Great place to bring the kids, but not for a honeymoon if you ask me. Plus, it's going to be so hot down there in September. You will melt at the parks at that time of the year. You'll be miserable.

Go to an all-inclusive beach or somewhere in the Carolinas. You want it to be romantic and relaxing, not go-go-go with a bunch of kids and tourists. Save Orlando for the kids.

Good luck!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    I'll throw out the Asheville, NC area as an alternate. Might be too early to get some of the fall color, but it should be quite nice that time of year.

I'll also suggest Charleston, SC. Late September is ideal - the horrific heat & humidity have subsided by then, but it's still warm enough that you can get to the beach. Plenty to see & do around Charleston. All-inclusive isn't the way to go, though. The fun in Charleston is getting out & about.
    Totally agree about those two places in the Carolina's.

Ocracoke is a great place. Not too many tourist and very secluded. The beaches are great too. Very few people on them. You can have a long stretch of beach to yourself. I would think this would be a near perfect honeymoon site.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Sorry guys. I haven't replied in this thread. I completely forgot it with all the wedding stuff going on. It has been a stressful process.

Yeah, we are going to skip the Florida idea. I am now considering somewhere in North Carolina. The only thing is that the drive is going to be awful. I wish there was somewhere closer.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

You also have to consider that even in September, it's still hurricane season.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I honeymooned at Disney in May and we had a wonderful time...however it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Mousesavers.com is a great resource for that.

As for the Carolina's - I am not too familiar but as some have pointed out it is hurricane season so anywhere in the Southeast/Gulf Coast will have some risk to it weather-wise. Consider the posssibility of trip insurance depending on where you are headed.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    You also have to consider that even in September, it's still hurricane season.
    September is prime hurricane season. I'm currently at the Charleston airport headed home because my trip was cut short by Hanna. Not my decision, but the company decided to err on the side of caution. I hear Virginia is for Lovers. lol. If you go north on the Appalachian Trail in late September you'll hit some areas that will be in their prime color season. The Poconos, Other parts of PA, Upstate NY... how about Niagara Falls? I'd just Google 'Honeymoon Package' and see what pops up that interests both of you. As long as you're together, I'm sure it will be special. Congratulations!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Hurricane season is in high pitch during September, but if you stick to western Carolina, you'll probably be okay. Note I'm saying probably, as those who lived through Hugo will attest- those suckers can ruin your day pretty far inland.

I'm thinking about North Carolina primarily right now, but we still don't know. It's 5+ hours to Asheville, 13 hours to Siesta Key, FL, & 12+ to Virgina Beach. Asheville is looking good if there is anything to do there.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?