Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honeymoon Booking

Re: Honeymoon Booking

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thanks!
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?

I imagine the oceanfront in NC in September is spectacular.

I used to love the Delaware beaches in the early fall and I figure NC is only warmer and more laid back.

And congratulations.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Well, after all the back and forth. The honeymoon will be in Destin, FL. Anyone with hotel information in Destin, could you please post it? I was thinking of the Hilton, but it's a bit pricey for this time of year. We definitely need something on the beach.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Ooooh.

The last 2 years, we've gone down to the Hilton Sandestin around Memorial Weekend. Great set up for families, but with school back in session, that probably shouldn't be too much of an issue for you.

If you just want to be beach bums for a while, it's a good set up. Couple of outdoor pools, as well as an indoor pool. Nice wide stretch of beach just down a few stairs. Outdoor bar & restuarant to go with the couple of places they have inside to eat.

There's also a development across the street called Baytowne Wharf. Good place to go in the evening to walk around, have dinner, etc.

A mile or so down the road is a reeeeeeally big outlet mall.

We never really got out much to explore the area - the kiddo in tow kept us close to the hotel grounds (ie, the pools & beach). But it seems like there's enough to do in the area if you want to do some exploring.

If you're driving down via I-75 through Atlanta to Columbus, know that it's a pretty desolate drive from the time you cross into Alabama until you hit I-10. Dothan, Alabama is pretty much the only place for stopping. A few places around Lake Eufala (definitely a trip back in time) as well. Just don't plan on making record time on that stretch of road.

The upside is that there are plenty of places to stop in Alabama should you want to pick up some, uh, pyrotechnics that may or may not be legal in your home state.

Wherever you end up, have a great time. weather should be great this time of year - still warm enough for the beach, but not oppressively hot & humid.

So now I understand what Jpup was looking for- a place none of us would recommend.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    So now I understand what Jpup was looking for- a place none of us would recommend.
    nah, she just kept saying that she wanted to go to the beach. Actually, I don't know how we decided on that. Oh, I can't wait to get married.

Turn Off Ads?