Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Ten Network Time Warner finally reach a deal

Re: Big Ten Network Time Warner finally reach a deal

I look forward to this because of the basketball coverage not football. The only time I could watch Buckeyes Basketball last year was if they were on national TV.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I look forward to this because of the basketball coverage not football. The only time I could watch Buckeyes Basketball last year was if they were on national TV.
    As much as I love the event of Buckeye football, the actual sport I enjoy the most is Buckeye basketball, probably because I have a better working knowledge of the game. Years ago it was no big deal to go out to watch the games but now it just is not practical or desirable most of the time. I truly look forward to seeing more games this year!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Any word on when TWC will put this channel in HD?

Now if TWC could come to terms with Dayton channel 2. Yep, TWC is playing the same games with WDTN as they did with the Big 10 Network. It's one thing to do it for a premium sports channel, it's another to do it with a major network affiliate.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Now if TWC could come to terms with Dayton channel 2. Yep, TWC is playing the same games with WDTN as they did with the Big 10 Network. It's one thing to do it for a premium sports channel, it's another to do it with a major network affiliate.
    Have to keep customer costs down! What they want is irrelevant, after all.

Glad to have a dish.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Our local ABC affiliate is engaged in the same battle with TWC. The station is running crawls all day long urging people to sign up for DirecTV, since the station could be gone from cable in a few days. The news anchors never fail to mention how much they like their new satellite dishes.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 10-08-2008 at 03:21 PM.
    /r/reds

As much as I love DirectTV, I signed up for the TWC triple play package because we needed to save money on our phone bill. TWC is already making me regret it. I've been home all day waiting for an install that was supposed to occur before 10:00 am only to find out that they can't transfer my phone service today because someone in their office didn't schedule the appointment with the installer. So while I was calling and getting reminders that I had an appointment between 8 and 10 am today, there was nobody actually scheduled to come out. Now they're going to try to "fit me in" for the cable and I have to reschedule the phone connection. This is the same type of BS I had to deal with when I left. If only we could get ATT U-verse here.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?