Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Ten Network Time Warner finally reach a deal

Big Ten Network Time Warner finally reach a deal

Sources familiar with negotiations said that Time Warner Cable has reached an agreement to carry Big Ten Network, the year-old cable network that is the home of conference athletic teams.

The deal calls for Time Warner to carry the channel on expanded basic on all of its systems in the eight states where Big Ten schools operate.

BTN and Time Warner have been locked in a battle over the station since the network began.

When Comcast, the nation's top video provider reached a deal last spring, an agreement with Time Warner seemed to be a foregone conclusion.

That's not been the case and in recent days negotiations had grown a bit contentious with both sides negotiating through the media.

The deal is expected to be in place in time to air Saturday's game between Ohio State and Youngstown State.

No details of the deal were available.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud

Re: Big Ten Network Time Warner finally reach a deal

Where's this article from?

Not that I don't believe you or anything, but I just would like to read some more on it if possible.

Of course, I don't give two craps about Ohio State. Hoosier born and bred, son.

Stat geek...and proud

Found out some more info. Apparently this is going to include on-demand programming and the big one, HD as well. Of course, they add HD channels in the Western Ohio division much slower than a lot of areas. Our HD selection is piss-poor.

That was from one of the Ohio newspapers but this just went up on the Big Ten Network website:

Editor's note: Executives from the Big Ten Network and Time Warner Cable issued the following statement on Monday night, August 25, 2008:

Time Warner Cable and the Big Ten Network announced today that they have reached an agreement-in-principle on terms of carriage for the Big Ten Network and its high-definition and video-on-demand programming on Time Warner Cable's line-ups throughout the Big Ten territory, including Ohio and Wisconsin. The pending agreement will ensure that Time Warner Cable's customers across these Big Ten states will have access to this Saturday's Big Ten college football season openers and all future Big Ten Network programming on an expanded basic level of service.

F-ING FINALLY!

I work 3rd shift and was planning on going to my buddies house after I get off at 7am Saturday morning and sleeping until game time so I could watch the game. At least now I can just record it and sleep until I want to.

About fricken time!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I hope the deal includes putting the channel on some T-W systems outside Big Ten country.
    /r/reds

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I, for one, am glad that no Buckeye fan will be without the opportuntiy to watch the exciting, competitive, and in-no-way schedule padding Youngstown St. v. Ohio State matchup.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

What school doesn't pad their schedule?

I am very glad to be able to watch the game at home. Admittedly the years of 100% access to every game have gotten me spoiled. Going out a time or 2 to watch the game in football season isn't too bad, but the real benefit to me will be during basketball season. It will be fun to watch the guys play, even though it is just Youngstown State. It's a nice way to build up to that Sept-13 game...
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

From what I have read the channel will be added across the state on expanded basic in most places either Wednesday or Thursday this week. It looks like we may not get a HD channel right away. Apparently the priority is to get the channel turned on this week and worry about HD later.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    What school doesn't pad their schedule?
    I found it ever so funny hearing people in Indy complaining about IU's easy schedule.

Well we played real live D-1 teams for years, got beat and nobody came, so I have no problem with the Glenn Mason method of bowl success.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Any word on what channel it is on TW?
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Any word on what channel it is on TW?
    In Cincinnati I think it is going to be on channel 60. In Dayton it is going to be on channel 78. So far there is still a blue screen on with a message it will turned on at gametime. So far it looks like those are the channels not sure when TW will give us an HD channel for this.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Channel 60, on digital and basic.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I was a little disappointed in the broadcast. They seem to have a limited number of cameras which made seeing some of the sideline plays difficult. The touchdown scored by Posey (GO LANCERS) may not have been, but no one could tell because they didn't have a camera there.

As a side note, they did NOT interview the coaches heading into the locker room, which was a big plus. Those interviews might be the most irrelevant collections of words ever spoken outside of anything presented on the E! Channel.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Turn Off Ads?