Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bengals offering Rudi Johnson for a WR

Bengals offering Rudi Johnson for a WR

According to Chris Mortenson of ESPN the Bengals are offering to trade Rudi Johnson to any team in exchange for a legitimate WR.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bengals offering Rudi Johnson for a WR

Actually, I believed the phrase Mortenson used was a "real receiver." What that means, I have no clue.

Makes me wonder if they know Housmandzadeh and Johnson won't really both be ready to start the season and they need someone else in here fast. Though I am not sure who would want Rudi at this point he has not played a down in preseason though I think he is supposed to play Thursday.

Boldin is on the block.

We couldn't take that Payroll could we?

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Boldin is on the block.

We couldn't take that Payroll could we?

I would like to get Boldin but I don't see the Cardinals wanting Rudi.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    I would like to get Boldin but I don't see the Cardinals wanting Rudi.
    Exactly what I was thinking after I posted that.

Currently they have Edgerrin James, who else?

If it were me, I would offer him to the Jets for Lavernaeus Coles. Coles value will likely drop with Broadway Brett in town(Cotchery will be the primary beneficiary), and Rudi can't be much worse than Thomas Jones.

Then again, can the Jets afford Rudi after getting Favre?

Arizona and Houston would be the other destinations, but I dont see Arizona parting with Boldin and outside of Andre Johnson, the Texans really don't have much else.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The reasons for wanting a trade just became clear. Chad has a partially torn labrum. They say he is expected to still play this year but with a partially torn labrum I would say his season is hanging by a thread.

I saw this report also... although I'm not sure Mortensen has much substance to his story. Sure, we probably are offering Rudi around the league for a "proven" receiver... but in all likelihood all we're getting are laughs and dial tones in return.

Even though I doubt the Bengals would get anything of significance for Rudi, I am pleased that they 'seem' to realize he's toast. I sure hope Marvin doesn't get the chance to play him every game.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The reasons for wanting a trade just became clear. Chad has a partially torn labrum. They say he is expected to still play this year but with a partially torn labrum I would say his season is hanging by a thread.
    Guys usually play through this injury. A couple of receivers who have are Donte Stallworth and Brian Westbrook. If it pops, well...that's another story.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    According to Chris Mortenson of ESPN the Bengals are offering to trade Rudi Johnson to any team in exchange for a legitimate WR.
    What does the marital status of the WR's parents have to do with anything?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Looks like Rudi is expecting to get cut. This from Bengals.com today:

But Johnson isn't so sure Thursday matters and doubts he'll be here for the Sept. 7 opener in Baltimore.

Although there seems to be no trade imminent, the ESPN report that the Bengals are shopping him for a wide receiver has convinced him he's headed out of town.

"It's imminent to me," Johnson said after Tuesday's practice. "They've been trying to get me out of here for years. Since I first got here. That's why nothing surprises me and I'm not worried. Every year. It night not happen. Every year."

Johnson says he doesn't think he'll be here, but if he is he says it will be business as usual.

"It doesn't bother me. It's no big deal. I'll still do the same thing. It's part of the business," Johnson said. "I'm not mad. I'm not worried."

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

So Chris Perry, your Bengals' starting RB?

I think I just threw up in my mouth a lil' bit.

Turn Off Ads?