Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lack of threads = tired of Reds?

Lack of threads = tired of Reds?

I come here everyday to read new threads, and maybe get some info I didn't know. Lately, it seems like everyone has disappeared.

Not a good sign for the Reds, in terms of their fans.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lack of threads = tired of Reds?

I'm just waiting for the rush of offseason rumors and other stuff to begin. Until the playoffs are over its boring for this team (barring a major trade).
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I have been waiting for a topic I would like to comment about.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    And we have a winner!

The thing is, just about every topic that is relevant, is already being covered OR has been beaten to death.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

That's kind of how I've been too lately. I've also been following the Olympic events more than the Reds games for the last two weeks so I haven't been on here as often. I'll be back now that the Olympics are over but there really isn't much to talk about besides September call ups, Louisville in the playoffs, or potential offseason trades. I'm not a fan of beating subjects to death either so I figured I would be laying low the last couple of weeks until things pick up again.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Yeah, the olympics were exciting, but this site has always assisted me in wasting time at work, and it's letting me down! I haven't been to Cincy yet this year, and it sucks that if I DO, it's going to be in a game that doesn't count for anything. Maybe if they call up Stubbs or something, I could go check him out, but that's the most exciting thing I'll be able to see this September
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

I honestly don't think things will get interesting until at least the Winter Meetings. What's Jocketty have of value that he can trade? Maybe Maloney...maybe Thompson...maybe Bailey.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Off the schneid

To steal a line from the song..."I second that emotion"
    The well has sure been dry here of late... a good topic might spark a feeding frenzy.

I started to count my yawns after I switched over to the game the other night.

Then I got up and found something else to do.

I think that's the deal with the Reds.

Just counting the yawns at this point.

Pretty much anything that can be posted at this point is just Doom and Gloom.

But, okay fine, I'll bite. I'll put one up in a second.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

All the Adam Dunn is the Devil vs. Adam Dunn is God threads are over and done with so what else is left to talk about this car wreck...I mean team...

Attack Cat!

Certainly you have to think Wells is one of the favorites for the heisman trophy this year. There are a lot of tailbacks who would love to have Boone and Rehring clearing the way for them. Given his second half performance last year, Boeckman is a bit of a question mark, but overall his numbers were good, and I can't believe he hasn't improved this off season.

What more can you say about the linebacking corp? I certainly didn't expect Laurinaitis to return for his.....

Wait, the Reds are playing the Astros this week?

I knew that.
    Last edited by OUReds; 08-26-2008 at 01:33 PM.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

depressing end to a depressing season. Nothing to discuss when you're disgusted I guess.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

why would anyone post on an organization that signs Grant Balfour helps him get healthy and then releases him so David Weathers can pitch withTodd Coffey

With the crappy season our team has had, and the overboard arguements among fans-those who overvalued Dunn vs those that undervalues him-and the extreme feelings on each side- have just made this season, and this board, tired.

Turn Off Ads?