I wanted to get some input from other people in the Cincinnati area about this. I am currently with Time Warner and have been for the past year. My rates are about to go up since my "introductory period" is going to be ending this month. I would say that I am pretty happy with Time Warner since I had threatened to cancel after calling in with issues on my bill and service for at least 3 or 4 consecutive months.

DirecTV is running a promotion for NFL Sunday ticket at the moment, you sign up and pay the $74.99/mo for the first 4 months for Sunday ticket and you get their top of the line package for free. Once the 4 months are up you can either continue on that package at (I think) $105/mo or you can switch to a cheaper package if you wish. Being a Jets fan, I'd kinda like to have Sunday ticket so I don't have to go out of my way to find a Jets game on tv. I do live within a mile of Mulligans in Hyde Park, so it wouldn't be too difficult to go there every Sunday if I needed to.

Does anyone have any bad experiences with DirecTV? The thing I hate the most is the requirement of a 2 year contract. With Time Warner I can cancel any time without any early termination fee, which is nice. I am assuming I can probably call in to Time Warner and tell them I am cancelling because my rates are going up and they will extend my old rates another year, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, just looking for input/opinions on the two services. Thanks!