Turn Off Ads?

Thread: DirecTV vs Time Warner...

DirecTV vs Time Warner...

I wanted to get some input from other people in the Cincinnati area about this. I am currently with Time Warner and have been for the past year. My rates are about to go up since my "introductory period" is going to be ending this month. I would say that I am pretty happy with Time Warner since I had threatened to cancel after calling in with issues on my bill and service for at least 3 or 4 consecutive months.

DirecTV is running a promotion for NFL Sunday ticket at the moment, you sign up and pay the $74.99/mo for the first 4 months for Sunday ticket and you get their top of the line package for free. Once the 4 months are up you can either continue on that package at (I think) $105/mo or you can switch to a cheaper package if you wish. Being a Jets fan, I'd kinda like to have Sunday ticket so I don't have to go out of my way to find a Jets game on tv. I do live within a mile of Mulligans in Hyde Park, so it wouldn't be too difficult to go there every Sunday if I needed to.

Does anyone have any bad experiences with DirecTV? The thing I hate the most is the requirement of a 2 year contract. With Time Warner I can cancel any time without any early termination fee, which is nice. I am assuming I can probably call in to Time Warner and tell them I am cancelling because my rates are going up and they will extend my old rates another year, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, just looking for input/opinions on the two services. Thanks!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: DirecTV vs Time Warner...

I've had DirecTV for nine years now and have no complaints. I had the Sunday ticket and it's well worth it. Since I had it they've added the SuperFan add-on and that looks impressive. I would highly recommend it.

Plus if a DirecTV subscriber refers someone to DTV, both parties get $50 off their bill!

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    I've had DirecTV for nine years now and have no complaints. I had the Sunday ticket and it's well worth it. Since I had it they've added the SuperFan add-on and that looks impressive. I would highly recommend it.

Plus if a DirecTV subscriber refers someone to DTV, both parties get $50 off their bill!
    Assuming that is a one time discount on the first bill?

This site will give you a good feel for satellite TV. They have discussion boards for DirecTV,DISH and cable. You should be able to get a feel for the good,bad and ugly of it all.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Assuming that is a one time discount on the first bill?
    Actually, I think they changed it to spread it out as a $10 credit/month over five months.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?