What are those commercials, radio or tv, that have you reaching for the mute button as fast as you can grab it? I have a few that pop up on XM quite a bit.

1. Life line screening. I don't know why it bugs me, but the ad starts with "real words by real people" and then the "real" people are so obviously reading their lines and trying to put added drama into their reading that I can't stand to leave the volume up.

2. Tell them about the discount Harry. I don't hear it as much anymore, but this awning company recently made a different ad which is essentially the same thing, just without the annoying woman. This time it's two guys and one keeps pestering the other one to mention the discount. You would think if enough people complained about the other ad they would change the whole formula, not just the ad.

3. Anything with Billy Mays.

4. The Ad Council. They have several the permeate XM. Just about all of them annoy me.

There are plenty others I can't think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure I'll hear them soon enough.