Turn Off Ads?

Thread: good site to buy official mlb hats for cheap

They call me "chef"

good site to buy official mlb hats for cheap

I'm looking for an Orioles official fitted away hat and I'm wondering if there is something out there cheaper than the standard $25-35. Anyone know of any sites that offer hats for cheaper (including shipping)? Thanks in advance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: good site to buy official mlb hats for cheap

ebay?
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

You aren't going to find an official hat for much cheaper anywhere. If you go to a flea market you probably will. Lids.com has a wide variety but will be in the same ballpark price wise.

Go to the Lids/Hatworld Web site and sign up as a "Passport Club" member. Afterwards, you can normally get 10-20% off your order on officially licensed MLB hats.

If you have either of those stores/kiosks in your local mall, select "ship to store near me" and you will not pay the $4.00 S&H with your order. In about 1-2 working days, some 16 year old will call from the mall and let you know your hat is ready for pickup.

Other than eBay, that's about the best deal I have been able to swing on officially licensed hats.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Go to the Lids/Hatworld Web site and sign up as a "Passport Club" member. Afterwards, you can normally get 10-20% off your order on officially licensed MLB hats.

If you have either of those stores/kiosks in your local mall, select "ship to store near me" and you will not pay the $4.00 S&H with your order. In about 1-2 working days, some 16 year old will call from the mall and let you know your hat is ready for pickup.

Other than eBay, that's about the best deal I have been able to swing on officially licensed hats.
    IIRC, when I managed a Lids during an offseason from the golf course, the Passport cost $5 per year.

Yeah, you get the discounts but they aren't free.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    IIRC, when I managed a Lids during an offseason from the golf course, the Passport cost $5 per year.

Yeah, you get the discounts but they aren't free.
    They are $5--but I buy alot of Hats, so the discounts I get more than offset the annual fee in my case.

Usually a quick google search for discount codes will pull up some decent offers on just about any online purchase. Try googling Lids discount codes.

They are $5--but I buy alot of Hats, so the discounts I get more than offset the annual fee in my case.
    I led my district in those Passport enrollments for the Holliday Season (Day after Thanksgiving until MLK Day) by enrolling everyone that bought a hat for $24.99, by giving them the Passport discount (20%) on the hat, and then giving them the Passport for "free".

My district manager wasn't too amused once she figured out what I'd done, and why my store's numbers were at least twice all the other district stores.

In my defense, I never lied to any customer, I told them what I was doing, and if they wanted to purchase the $24.99 hat for that price without the Passport, I let them. 90% of the customers loved the "free" Passport.

I led my district in those Passport enrollments for the Holliday Season (Day after Thanksgiving until MLK Day) by enrolling everyone that bought a hat for $24.99, by giving them the Passport discount (20%) on the hat, and then giving them the Passport for "free".

My district manager wasn't too amused once she figured out what I'd done, and why my store's numbers were at least twice all the other district stores.

In my defense, I never lied to any customer, I told them what I was doing, and if they wanted to purchase the $24.99 hat for that price without the Passport, I let them. 90% of the customers loved the "free" Passport.
    Her reactions seem a little myopic to me. That's pretty much how I enrolled for the first time. Ever since that day, I have bought all of my hats through that store.

Give the customer a colorful card to stick in their wallet that reminds them that they need to visit your store whenever they buy their next hat.

I can only imagine the outrage.

Her reactions seem a little myopic to me. That's pretty much how I enrolled for the first time. Ever since that day, I have bought all of my hats through that store.

Give the customer a colorful card to stick in their wallet that reminds them that they need to visit your store whenever they buy their next hat.

I can only imagine the outrage.
    I know her regional manager was asking a lot of questions, b/c my enrollment rate was just North of 70%, and my store's enrollment rate was just North of 60%, while the other stores in the district ranged between 15%-32% enrollment rate, and individual associates in the district ranged between 0%-55%, and I had at least a 15% cushion. Other associates at other stores did what I did, but not at the same frequency, but everyone got reprimanded after MLK Day.

Oops.

The best part about this whole episode was she sent keyholders (Asst Asst Managers) and other managers to my store to "learn" from me re: how to sell the Passport. I showed 'em my playbook, and magically their numbers increased. Go figure...

Sometimes folks further up the chain can be short sighted. I had a colleague who worked in a company's traffic department across the river. He went over to White Castle for some lunch and ran into a sales rep for one of his trucking companies in line. The guy told him to let him pay pick up his lunch. When the rep submitted it with his expense report, he caught the dickens for taking a customer out to such a cheap place, even after he explained the turn of events.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Sometimes folks further up the chain can be short sighted. I had a colleague who worked in a company's traffic department across the river. He went over to White Castle for some lunch and ran into a sales rep for one of his trucking companies in line. The guy told him to let him pay pick up his lunch. When the rep submitted it with his expense report, he caught the dickens for taking a customer out to such a cheap place, even after he explained the turn of events.
    I just wish folks further up the chain could just be more Machiavellian at times.

Sure, there's probably a proper way to do everything in life, but if it's not illegal and not harming anyone else, then does it really matter how things get accomplished?

Turn Off Ads?