Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo's of Yonder Alonso from Sarasota last night

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Photo's of Yonder Alonso from Sarasota last night

A photographer friend of mine that also loves baseball stopped in Sarasota last night to get some pictures of Alonso.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Photo's of Yonder Alonso from Sarasota last night

Nice pics. I also like the uniform.

those are some really good photos!

Am I the only one who thinks Yonder looks a bit like Albert Pujols in that first photo?

Crosley Field Fan

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Yonder looks a bit like Albert Pujols in that first photo?
    I'd rather he hit like Albert Pujols!

he has been my comp. to him all along. I know that is lofty expectations b/c of what Albert is, but their games are just sooooo similar

Albert Pujols is a future HOF'er. Please don't start the comps for Alonso as a perennial MVP candidate.

FWIW, I'm not comparing Yonder to Pujols as a player. I said he looks similar to Pujols in the face.

Looks like his build very similar to Votto's. Though that crouch he's got looks a little Pujols-esque, as does his soft face.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Pujols has a soft face? I always thought it was rather severe. Yonder does have a rather soft face though, almost like he still has baby fat.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Albert Pujols is a future HOF'er. Please don't start the comps for Alonso as a perennial MVP candidate.
    I am not saying he is a future HOF, I am just saying he has similar skill sets as Pujouls..low K's, high BBs, spread the ball around the field, similar builds. Whether is relates to anything even half of what Pujouls is as a pro, the tools are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    I am not saying he is a future HOF, I am just saying he has similar skill sets as Pujouls..low K's, high BBs, spread the ball around the field, similar builds. Whether is relates to anything even half of what Pujouls is as a pro, the tools are similar.
    Wasn't Pujols already a year into his pro career by this age? I'm not discounting your comparison, just pointing out that Yonder is already Albert him in terms of development (which is no knock on Yonder).
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

To me, Yonder projects more as Nick Johnson with a bit more power. Still a damn fine player though. I don't think anyone compares favorably to Pujols, really in the history of the game.

FWIW, I'm not comparing Yonder to Pujols as a player. I said he looks similar to Pujols in the face.
    Maybe he's his son.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    those are some really good photos!

just seems like yesterday when we had the same photos of bruce playing down there.

i hope alonso's climb is fast.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Turn Off Ads?