Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting guys on the waiver wire, per rotoworld

Interesting guys on the waiver wire, per rotoworld

Since its so hard to tell whether there's chicken sheat or chicken salad out there on the wavier wire, I usually turn to rotoworld for any type of info regarding the wavier wire, Im not in any way saying that theyre the know all end all on absolutely anything, so I thought I would just post some of the comments from there. They only commented on guys who they thought would get some interest, I also put up some of their comments about Atlanta's cuts since our scouting staff consists of our coachs I could see the Bengals grabbing guys from Atlanta since Zimmer's from there.

Falcons waived TE Keith Zinger, CB Wilrey Fontenot, WR Chandler Williams, WR Eric Weems, LB Mickey Pimentel, CB Glenn Sharpe, S Daren Stone, S Eric Brock, and OT Michael Butterworth.
    Zinger and Fontenot were both draft picks this offseason. Atlanta is rather short on safeties after Stone's release.

Falcons released G Kynan Forney, OL D'Anthony Batiste, C Doug Datish, DE Brandon Miller, and DT Montavious Stanley.
    With Stanley gone, Grady Jackson is sure to start next to Jonathan Babineaux at defensive tackle. Forney couldn't beat out Harvey Dahl.

Patriots released CB Fernando Bryant.
    He's not a huge name, but Bryant lined up as a starter throughout the off-season, so this is quite a surprise. The Patriots clearly have confidence in rookie corners Terrence Wheatley and Jonathan Wilhite. It's a huge gamble, but they may as well develop their young guys.

We seem to have serious man love for any LB from Arizona
    Cardinals released LBs Brandon Moore, Matt Stewart, Chris Harrington, and Joe Tafoya, DB Michael Adams, and DLs Jason Banks and Keilen Dykes.
    Moore was beat out by Monty Beisel and undrafted rookie Ali Highsmith. Harrington is a developmental guy. He was a sixth-rounder in April.

Ravens waived RB Allen Patrick, CB/S Ronnie Prude, OT Joe Reitz, OT Chad Slaughter, LB/DE Gary Stills, WR Ernie Wheelwright, DL Lorenzo Williams, and WR Matt Willis.
    Prude was a contributor the past two seasons, but never got much better. Stills' loss could hurt on special teams. Patrick was a seventh-round pick.

Bears waived WR Brandon Rideau and TE Fontel Mines.
    Rideau led Chicago in preseason TDs, but faced long odds from the start because GM Jerry Angelo didn't draft him. Mines is a converted wideout.

They way the Saints blew us up in pre-season I could see Marvin be infatuated with anyone fom New Orleans
    Saints waived WR/PR Skyler Green, DL Orien Harris, OL Tim Duckworth, LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar, RB Lynell Hamilton, LB Will Kershaw, and WR Joe West.
    They're keeping Jason David on the roster, which Saints fans can't like. Harris played well in camp and could be back if he goes unclaimed.

Giants and Patriots must be looked at
    Giants waived WR Brandon London.
    They chose Sinorice Moss' draft status over London's game. London probably also has more upside. He seems sure to get claimed, possibly by Miami.

Giants waived WR Marcus Monk, FB Robert Douglas, OG Kurt Quarterman, TE Eric Butler, DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo, LB James Terry, and OL Cliff Louis.
    The Jints will likely try to get Monk onto the practice squad. He has a high long-term ceiling at 6'4/222 with wheels. Quarterman went to Louisville

Giants waived LB Tank Daniels.
    Daniels can play all three linebacker positions and should find a home somewhere. He was impressive in training camp.

Eagles released DE Jerome McDougle, FB Jed Collins, FB Jason Davis, WR Michael Gasperson, DT Michael Marquardt, WR Shaheer McBride, and G Scott Young.
    Davis lost out when Tony Hunt moved to fullback. McDougle made a strong run at a roster spot and it'll help his chances of catching on elsewhere.

Here is the FBI police blodder /waivered player report
    Panthers CB Ricardo Colclough was arrested Saturday morning for driving while impaired.
    This isn't going to help him survive final cuts Saturday. The Panthers could keep C.J. Wilson and Dante Wesley and let the veteran go.

Texans released DE/OLB Rosey Colvin, DT Anthony Maddox, CB Jamar Fletcher, WR Darnell Jenkins, LB Ben Moffit, and DE Tim Bulman.
    Houston blew $1 million on Colvin, who couldn't adjust to playing defensive end after being an outside linebacker in New England. The 31-year-old is also not fully recovered from a foot injury he suffered last year. It has been a swift decline for Colvin, although the Colts or Pats could show interest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Re: Interesting guys on the waiver wire, per rotoworld

Hope the Browns can find a CB in that mess.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Just saw on the ESPN ticker that the Pats released Chad Jackson.

So, it begs the question: Chad Jackson anyone?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Just saw on the ESPN ticker that the Pats released Chad Jackson.

So, it begs the question: Chad Jackson anyone?
    I know we're desperate for a receiver, and it wouldn't hurt to work him out, but I highly doubt we could make it work for him if the Patriots of all teams couldn't find a use for him. I hope that I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I know we're desperate for a receiver, and it wouldn't hurt to work him out, but I highly doubt we could make it work for him if the Patriots of all teams couldn't find a use for him. I hope that I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
    Proof that Florida receivers never make it in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Proof that Florida receivers never make it in the NFL.
    Chris Collinsworth says hello.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Chris Collinsworth says hello.
    I should have specified in the Spurrier-Zook-Meyer era.

Ike Hilliard
    Reidel Anthony
    Jacquez Green
    Travis Taylor
    Jabar Gaffney
    Reche Caldwell
    Taylor Jacobs
    Chad Jackson

Only Hilliard had a decent career in that mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Patriots are deeper at WR than the Bengals are. Plus, C. Jax has been injured so much the Pats just grew tired of waiting for him to be healthy. I think he's worth a look.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Patriots are deeper at WR than the Bengals are. Plus, C. Jax has been injured so much the Pats just grew tired of waiting for him to be healthy. I think he's worth a look.
    Want to know something funny, the Patriots signed Deltha Oneal today. The Bengals have two young starters and a cast of no names as backups. Good enough for the Patriots, not good enough for the Bengals?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Want to know something funny, the Patriots signed Deltha Oneal today. The Bengals have two young starters and a cast of no names as backups. Good enough for the Patriots, not good enough for the Bengals?
    The 2006 Patriots made it to the conference championship with Artrell Hawkins as a starting safety, so I don't think it's necessarily a failure to recognize talent. They have a system that works for them, and the Bengals haven't found one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The 2006 Patriots made it to the conference championship with Artrell Hawkins as a starting safety, so I don't think it's necessarily a failure to recognize talent. They have a system that works for them, and the Bengals haven't found one yet.
    So Mike Brown should stop wasting his time looking for Bigfoot, because the hoax of a team that he has put on the field defies belief?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

So Mike Brown should stop wasting his time looking for Bigfoot, because the hoax of a team that he has put on the field defies belief?
    Um, what? I'm just saying that just because the Patriots signed the guy doesn't mean he's a good player. People give the Patriots too much for recognizing when talent when much of their success comes from their defensive schemes than anything else. The Bengals, however, have a problem with obtaining talent and finding a good defensive scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Um, what? I'm just saying that just because the Patriots signed the guy doesn't mean he's a good player. People give the Patriots too much for recognizing when talent when much of their success comes from their defensive schemes than anything else. The Bengals, however, have a problem with obtaining talent and finding a good defensive scheme.
    My point was that the Bengals have been searching for the right answer for 18 years. The Patriots have found the right solution several different times, with several different equations. They can take X and it will add up to y. The Bengals will take X and make it at up to the Chinese symbol for futility.

My point was that the Bengals have been searching for the right answer for 18 years. The Patriots have found the right solution several different times, with several different equations. They can take X and it will add up to y. The Bengals will take X and make it at up to the Chinese symbol for futility.
    The Pats took X (Chad Jackson) and turned him into ....

... the Chinese symbol for futility.
    沒用

Turn Off Ads?