Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday August 29 Minor League Updates

Re: Friday August 29 Minor League Updates

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    He's been pitching better since being moved from the bullpen to the rotation.
    you had to write that didn't you? Got touched up a little in the 5th:
    5inn, 6 hits, 2ER, 1BB, 4K's....still solid though

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dragons lost 5-0

Reed:2-3

Sarasota loses 4-2

Alonso:1-5

Parker:3-4, double

DeJesus:5 IP, 6 hits, 2 runs, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K

Roenicke had a nice outing tonight in the Louisville loss:

1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K

He now has a 23 BB/71 K ratio in 60 IP.

Chris Heisey had another solid night going 2-for-4 with a double in the Chattanooga loss.

Billings lost 6-5.

Buchholz: 1-for-5 double
    Puckett: 2-for-5 homerun (#7)
    Brown: 1-for-5
    Sappelt: 4-for-4 double, homerun (#6)
    Mendez: 2-for-3 walk
    Day: 1-for-3 double, walk

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Maloney's stock has really fallen IMO. Not sure he's even decent trade bait now.
    I was at the game and Maloney on the mound fooled no one!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

This has been a pretty disappointing season from Maloney. He really pitched well after the trade last season and I was hoping he would carry it into this season. He's still pretty young at 24 so hopefully he can rebound next season.

I've tried to preach patience with maloney. He has had his ups and downs. He's a finess lefty, with decent stuff. He can succeed if given the proper time to adjust. Think Jamie moyer like transition to the bigs. He's got a lot of positives, such as his peripherals that still indicate he can have success, which is a good sign going forward and more than a lot of other fringe lefties can say. It just may take some time. A dissapointing season, sure... But its still to early to write him off, and I think there is still a lot to like. He's not a top prospect, but he's still a worthwhile prospect to follow.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    I've tried to preach patience with maloney. He has had his ups and downs. He's a finess lefty, with decent stuff. He can succeed if given the proper time to adjust. Think Jamie moyer like transition to the bigs. He's got a lot of positives, such as his peripherals that still indicate he can have success, which is a good sign going forward and more than a lot of other fringe lefties can say. It just may take some time. A dissapointing season, sure... But its still to early to write him off, and I think there is still a lot to like. He's not a top prospect, but he's still a worthwhile prospect to follow.
    At this point he's probably a guy to keep in AAA as depth for next year. His trade value is probably down to the point that trading him nets nothing and he can serve the AAA emergency depth that the team usually goes out and signs an Adam Pettyjohn to fill. At best, he steps forward and regains prospect status.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Turn Off Ads?