Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who are/will be the September call-ups?

Who are/will be the September call-ups?

????

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

According to that story on Reds.com, the rumored call ups will be: Ramirez, Coffey, Herrera, Bailey, Livingston, Janish and Richar. Maybe Drew Stubbs.

A move would have to be made for the 40-man roster, but Maloney and Pettyjohn are also candidates.

Personally, I'd just say no to Pettyjohn, Richar, Janish, Bailey, Coffey, and Livingston. The guys I'd like to see aren't on the 40 man yet.
    Last edited by ChatterRed; 09-02-2008 at 09:08 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who are/will be the September call-ups?

-I say coffey gets released and Roenicke put on the 40 and brought up
    -I say Burton activated, majewski sent down then released after LOU is done and Fisher added to 40 and brought up
    -I say A. Phillips released and one of Cumberland or Stubbs are added and brought up
    -I say Jerry Hairston gets moved to the 60 day DL and Chris Valaika bought up.

My call ups then would be
    Pitchers:
    -Bailey(not sure about the injury)
    -Belisle
    -Roenicke
    -Fisher
    -Livingston
    -Herrera
    -Pelland
    -Ramirez
    -Thompson
    Posistion players:
    -Valaika(I wanna see if maybe he can give us one last thing to worry about next year, I know the d at SS leave somethign to be desired, but we'll see what he can do)
    -Stubbs
    -Richar
    -Janish
    -Rosales
    -Tatum(maybe)

That would be interesting if they brought Homer up. I wonder if they are thinking about using him out of the pen?

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    That would be interesting if they brought Homer up. I wonder if they are thinking about using him out of the pen?
    That was my exact thought. I would like to see that be tried.

I would not bring Homer up. I'd tell him to go home, rest his arm, and get his head on straight for next season at Louisville. I wouldn't reward his mediocre season, bordering on being a step back.

I wish we could see Cumberland, Frazier, Stubbs, and a few others. Louisville has been wiped clean of most of it's quality players (already up). Go deeper in the organization. Why not bring up Alonso for a look? What could it hurt?

Belisle is out for rest of year surgery.

I would use Bailey out of the bullpen.Should have done that in the first place to acclimate him to the majors.That was one of Earl Weaver's method's that were successful.Dusty ain't exactly Earl though.

Burton is still having some arm problems as well. No way he pitches again this year if its me. Why is Roenicke not already called up?
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Its a good time to try this..

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    Burton is still having some arm problems as well. No way he pitches again this year if its me. Why is Roenicke not already called up?
    yeah.....he pitched last night, 1 inning 1BB 1K 0R

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Burton wasn't having arm problems. He had a back (side?) problem that is apparently healed enough now that he can pitch again. He's not pitched for a while so I have no problem with him coming back and getting a few more innings so he can end his year on a high note and not on an injury note.

Article: http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

Originally expected to have a day-to-day injury, the Reds reliever never expected to miss almost two months with a latissimus muscle strain in his right side.
    Last edited by HeatherC1212; 09-03-2008 at 09:53 AM.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Redhawk 61, you had an interesting list, but my understanding is that we can only bring up players that are on the 40 man roster. Valaika and Stubbs are not on that roster and neither is Fisher. But if we DFA Fogg, Majewski, Andy Phillips, Coffee, and maybe Valentine we have room. What I don't understand is why we brought up Wilkin Castillo with a .249 average. We don't need 4 catchers and we have Cabrera already able to play infield/outfield positions.

Am I thinking of someone else? Could have sworn I just saw where they were contemplating shutting him down?
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Am I thinking of someone else? Could have sworn I just saw where they were contemplating shutting him down?
    Maybe you're thinking of Johnny Cueto who was taken out of his last start early to make sure he was all right when he had a sore elbow (?). He skipped one start but apparently is feeling better now and will start Saturday's game.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I expected to be able to click on this thread to see a list of the REDS' September call-ups. The title of the thread should be changed.

Turn Off Ads?