Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Finally some positives, and hope

Finally some positives, and hope

Harang has started too look like his old self a bit lately. Definitely would be great if he ended the season in his old self. Arroyo is pitching like 2006, Cueto has been golden lately, and Volquez looks good. At least our starting pitching is definitely looking up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Finally some positives, and hope

Wait till they nab CC in the off season. It will then be the best rotation in baseball!!!
    -trade Gonzo and low prospect to SD for K.Greene
    -move Votto to lf, Dickerson to cf
    -sign Tiexera to play 1b
    -sign pudge as back up c to Hannigan

Resident PED Expert

I don't want them to nab CC... After the way the Brewers are abusing him it'll be 2 maybe 3 years before he starts to break down... (See Zito,Barry)... He will want at least 6 or 7 years 100 to 120 Million. My guess the GM who signs him won't be arount to see the end of his contract.

Actually who'd i go after would be Olsen from Flordia.

Actually since you asked. well actually u didn't but we will pretend you did... Here is the trades I would like to see in the offseason that would make us a contender next year vs 2 years from now.

Bruce
    Bray
    Freel
    Horst
    Frazier

to Tampa Bay for:

Jackson
    Crawford

Bailey
    Roenicke
    Valakia
    Dorn

to Flordia for:

Olsen
    Uggla

Harang
    Arroyo
    Encarnacion
    Francisco
    Lotzkar

to Dodgers for:

Kershaw
    Either
    DeWitt
    Hu

Thompson
    Keppinger

to Texas for

any of their 3 catchers

So your line up would look like:

RF Crawford
    CF Stubbs
    1B Votto
    2B Uggla
    SS Phillips
    LF Either
    C Salty/ Teabagger/ Laird
    3B DeWitt

Bench:

Rosales
    Dickerson
    Hanigan
    Hariston
    Castillo
    Owings - Guy can hit and play LF in a pinch

Rotation:

Volquez
    Cueto
    Olsen
    Jackson
    Kershaw

Bullpen:

Owings
    Herrera
    Affeldt
    Weathers
    Fisher
    Burton
    Cordero

All at a payroll around $56 Mil figuring contracts owed and arbitration...

Develop Manuel, Stewart, A. Gonzales and Watson you could dump Cordero and Affeldt deadline time dropping another $17 Mill from that number.

DeWitt would be a quality stop gap until Soto develops as well as trading Phillips once Hu's bat comes around. Dropping another 6 to 7 mil. Cheap and exciting. Would you not pay to watch that?
    Last edited by nemesis; 09-03-2008 at 05:56 PM.

You scare me.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    You scare me.
    LOL... I have LOTS of time on my hands...

Yeah, WAY too much time to think up these evil plans.

Honestly what opposing teams would agree to those deals?

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    I don't want them to nab CC... After the way the Brewers are abusing him it'll be 2 maybe 3 years before he starts to break down... (See Zito,Barry)... He will want at least 6 or 7 years 100 to 120 Million. My guess the GM who signs him won't be arount to see the end of his contract.

Actually who'd i go after would be Olsen from Flordia.

Actually since you asked. well actually u didn't but we will pretend you did... Here is the trades I would like to see in the offseason that would make us a contender next year vs 2 years from now.

Bruce
    Bray
    Freel
    Horst
    Frazier

to Tampa Bay for:

Jackson
    Crawford

Bailey
    Roenicke
    Valakia
    Dorn

to Flordia for:

Olsen
    Uggla

Harang
    Arroyo
    Encarnacion
    Francisco
    Lotzkar

to Dodgers for:

Kershaw
    Either
    DeWitt
    Hu

Thompson
    Keppinger

to Texas for

any of their 3 catchers

So your line up would look like:

RF Crawford
    CF Stubbs
    1B Votto
    2B Uggla
    SS Phillips
    LF Either
    C Salty/ Teabagger/ Laird
    3B DeWitt

Bench:

Rosales
    Dickerson
    Hanigan
    Hariston
    Castillo
    Owings - Guy can hit and play LF in a pinch

Rotation:

Volquez
    Cueto
    Olsen
    Jackson
    Kershaw

Bullpen:

Owings
    Herrera
    Affeldt
    Weathers
    Fisher
    Burton
    Cordero

All at a payroll around $56 Mil figuring contracts owed and arbitration...

Develop Manuel, Stewart, A. Gonzales and Watson you could dump Cordero and Affeldt deadline time dropping another $17 Mill from that number.

DeWitt would be a quality stop gap until Soto develops as well as trading Phillips once Hu's bat comes around. Dropping another 6 to 7 mil. Cheap and exciting. Would you not pay to watch that?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    Honestly what opposing teams would agree to those deals?
    I believe the answer you're looking for is 'none', LOL

Right now I actually have more hope in the Reds pitching than I do with the Reds offense but maybe I'm just naive to expect the young guys to do better offensively next year (and the older guys to be no where near the club, LOL).
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Resident PED Expert

I would bet all of them. Bruce is a young cheap star in right and Crawford is a restricted FA. Then you have David Price in AAA. Someone has to go from that rotation and it isnt going to be Shields, Kazmir or Garza.

Texas has 3 starting catchers and very little starting pitching. Plus we have a nice trade history together... Encarnacion and Volquez worked out nice not to mention what Hamilton has done for them.

Flordia had something like 16 players eligible for Arbitration Ho mouch you think a 2B who hit 30 HR a year gonna be worth? ALOT more than the Marlins are gonna be willing to pay... Valakia gives them a quality 2B prospect who'll fill thier needs. Dorn gives them a thumper in their line up who'll probaly be better off there because they will show alot more patience while he learns to hit LHP. Bailey just needs a fresh start and they really could use some more young pitching.

LA needs to win now. Torre wasn't brought in to develop players. Their GM might be feeling enough pressure to make some key deals with using some of their young players to get them a promising bat who'll upgrade their offense today and tomorrow. (Encarnacion/Francisco) that in turn will make DeWitt expendible. They have Jones, Kemp, Either, Ramierez who I belive they will resign among other prospects and players in thier outfield. They are losing Lowe possibly Penny. They need Veteran pitching and if they fail to land CC, (I think he ends up in Seattle) they are gonna have to go get some thru a trade and Kershaw should be at the top of everyones must get list. Phillips might be a great fit in LA as well...

Turn Off Ads?