Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any1 catch Arroyo on Sportstalk tonight?

Any1 catch Arroyo on Sportstalk tonight?

Arroyo was on with PDoc in the 1st half hour..was pretty blunt about Adam Dunn...said they didn't need a player hitting 40 home runs but only batting .230.....also said he was a liability in the field...I know this has all been said ad nauseum but 1st time I heard an ex-teammate say it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Any1 catch Arroyo on Sportstalk tonight?

If I remember correctly Arroyo has already said something along these lines. He doesn't seem to shy about explaining his viewpoint. I dont see that being a face to face discussion with Dunn though!
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Stat geek...and proud

Well maybe someone should have called in and told Arroyo we didn't need a pitcher who's going to suck like he has this year, until recently. Screw Bronson. Why trash a guy after he's gone? That lacks tact, IMO. Total ****** move.

Maybe he wanted to put Dunn down after Dunn called him out for talking about his contract. He seems there was some bad blood between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Well maybe someone should have called in and told Arroyo we didn't need a pitcher who's going to suck like he has this year, until recently. Screw Bronson. Why trash a guy after he's gone? That lacks tact, IMO. Total ****** move.
    Adam? Is that you? :
    Who's on first?

You mean the co-player of the week in MLB?

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    You mean the co-player of the week in MLB?
    He's definitely much better as of late than he was the first half of the year.

However, comments like his seem to be a good indication that we won't see Dunn back. I was hoping to re-sign him at a reduced rate.

Arroyo is a straight shooter and doesn't try to gloss over anything. I appreciate his honesty. He has really turned his season around and is worthy of being the NL Player of the Week. Early in the year I was one that was saying he was a #5 pitcher on a staff and I'm glad he's proven me wrong. Sure wish WLW didn't play the "Together Again" about five times.

After his two-run hit the other day, the guy watching the game with me said "They oughta make the rest of the team wear those little leaguer helmets." I had no response to that.

Quote Originally Posted by fitz1 View Post
    Arroyo is a straight shooter and doesn't try to gloss over anything. I appreciate his honesty.
    He might be a straight shooter. Or he might be a guy who figures there's no percentage in saying the strategy that his bosses are following is anything less than brilliant.

Aside from 3 bad outings which added a full run to his e.r.a., Arroyo has been close to our best pitcher behind Volquez. He has turned it around, and for that I give him props. Also, when the trade deadline approached, some guys don't mind going to better teams, and Arroyo has always been rumored to be interested in returning to Boston.........but he actually spoke out that he wanted to stay here because he thought they were putting together a pretty good nucleus of players.

This is the type of team/talent that eventually pulls a Detroit (last year) or Rays (this year) or Marlins (every other year). They will suddenly blossom before our eyes. I really believe that.

If Harang, Volquez, Arroyo, and Cueto continue to pitch like they have, and we find some offense, say hello to my little friend!
    Who's on first?

If someone would have told me...before the season...that Bronson was going to be 13-10this year, I'd take it. He's been pretty good this season. If we keep him around, next year's staff looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Would trashing Dunn while he was with the Reds been any better? Either you're defending Dunn pointlessly, or you think players don't deserve public criticism from others. Which one is it?

(You can probably bank on Dunn having said some stuff about Arroyo, even if it wasn't in the presence of the media. Dunn may have been bla-seh-bla to the media, but he always struck me a snipe)

The Reds need veteran leadership like Bronson,someone not afraid to speak their mind,ala Greg Vaughn.We'll need it in the future with all the youth playing.Arroyo,Cordero,Philips,need to step up and show the young players when things get rough for them.jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by aerontg View Post
    Would trashing Dunn while he was with the Reds been any better? Either you're defending Dunn pointlessly, or you think players don't deserve public criticism from others. Which one is it?

(You can probably bank on Dunn having said some stuff about Arroyo, even if it wasn't in the presence of the media. Dunn may have been bla-seh-bla to the media, but he always struck me a snipe)
    This is complete and utter crap. You have no knowledge that Dunn said anything about Arroyo, and there's been no reports of Dunn saying anything about Arroyo other than Arroyo shouldn't have talked about what Dunn may or may not have said about Dunn's wish for a contract. And how did he always strike you as a snipe? You in the Reds clubhouse? You ever talk to anyone in the Reds clubhouse?

As for trashing Dunn with the Reds being any better, that's an unequivocal "YES"!!! It's called talking to a person's face, and not sniping behind their back. I'll guarantee Bronson doesn't say any of this with Dunn here, cause he'd have to face the big guy everyday. What Bronson has said is utterly classless. Perhaps Dunn should bring up that Bronson's out partying all the time (he is, I see him all the time in Mount Adams right after games, with a game the next day). I only hope we dump him and his ridiculous salary, for a #4 starter, in the offseason for someone who isn't going to disappear for a half a season and then turn it on once the season is over and then turn around and stab his teammates in the back as it suits him.

Turn Off Ads?