Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dunn says Reds didn't care

Dunn says Reds didn't care

According to Pete Gammons on ESPN today, Dunn told him that the biggest difference in going to the Diamondbacks was that the players really care about winning. That's all they talk about. He said that wasn't the case with the Reds where winning wasn't that big a deal with the players.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    carmack42

Re: Dunn says Reds didn't care

I don't understand how he could say this. He was one of the players. And I always perceived him as the heart of the team. If it bugged him, I'd think he'd have enough influence on the rest of the clubhouse to change it around.

You sure he didn't say that the front office didn't care about winning? 'Cause I could believe that.

I am just glad he is gone, good player but he really needed to go for his sake and the sake of the team. I also find it interesting that no one on the big boy board has posted anything about this or about Bronson's comments.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by carmack42 View Post

You sure he didn't say that the front office didn't care about winning? 'Cause I could believe that.
    According to Gammons, Dunn said the players didn't care.

First, Dunn didn't say that Reds players didn't care, just that they didn't care as much as the Diamondback players, who according to Dunn, "That's all they talked about."
    I think every major league player wants to win, but clearly some more that others. Also, the Diamondbacks are a very young team that won the division last year. That breeds talk of winning. I wonder if the Diamondbacks only talking about winningat the beginning of last year or the year before when they had the same players.

I am firm believer that winning is the best ingredient in team chemistry. Winning results in chemistry, not the other way around. The Reds have not had a winning team in close to ten years. It is hard to get excited about winning with that record.

LOL, what an overgrown child. They didn't care about winning? Shut up.

Resident PED Expert

I will say this, he has done WELL since the trade to Arizona. They definatly made a solid move in aquiring him.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    I will say this, he has done WELL since the trade to Arizona. They definatly made a solid move in aquiring him.
    For now.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Dunn cared enough about winning to get it done for the Dbacks today...RBI double in the 9th to win it

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    According to Pete Gammons on ESPN today, Dunn told him that the biggest difference in going to the Diamondbacks was that the players really care about winning. That's all they talk about. He said that wasn't the case with the Reds where winning wasn't that big a deal with the players.
    Peter's insider column has a quote from Adam that is not anywhere as "harsh" as what you are saying he said, in fact making no direct statements about the team let alone his teammates. Are you sure you arent embellishing it somewhat?

For the sake of argument, let's say that Dunn isn't being misquoted. Is it really that big of suprise to anyone that the Reds players might not care about winning? I mean, the results speak for themselves, don't they? All you have to do is look through any random game thread and you will see comment after comment about the team looking "flat".

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    Peter's insider column has a quote from Adam that is not anywhere as "harsh" as what you are saying he said, in fact making no direct statements about the team let alone his teammates. Are you sure you arent embellishing it somewhat?
    I can't say until I see the quote. What is it?

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I can't say until I see the quote. What is it?
    Dunn has taken to the pennant race atmosphere. "Those years in Cincinnati were great to me, but I grew up playing football and thinking team first, and getting into this situation is what I now know I want and need. I know that players become free agents and say it isn't only about the money, but now that I've been in this environment I know my priority as a free agent will be to sign with a team that has a chance to win. Money can't buy happiness when you're losing."

That is the only direct quote from Dunn in the entire article.

Gammons Insider Blog

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I was a dunn fan, and winning didn't seem that important to him if we're going on what was communicated verbaly and honestly non verbally
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Ok, lets go to the facts: Gammons was on Michael Kay's show this afternoon on ESPN 1050. Toward the end of the interview Gammons said that he had a long talk with Adam Dunn last week and Dunn said that he "played 5 dead years in Cincinnati where nobody cared whether they won or not.... now I'm on a team where all they do is talk about winning...."

Heres the interview (the Dunn comment is near the end):

http://stations.espn.go.com/stations...w?showId=mkay1

Turn Off Ads?