Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season Ticket Luncheon: Q+A with Walt

Re: Season Ticket Luncheon: Q+A with Walt

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowStairs View Post
    I bet none of you sissies asked him why Patterson was still around.
    Actually, a "sissy" did exactly that.

And he said the same thing we've heard before... that with Dunn and Junior's departures and Hairston's and Freel's injuries, there just isnt OF depth in the organization. So cutting one made no sense. Plus, Walt said, Patterson showed he can still help the club with his glove, as he did the night before with a homer-robbing catch.

How's that for a "sissy" answer?
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    the one thing that getting Holliday would do would create a very intresting situation with Votto and Alonso. First, I agree that the only way a deal gets done is if the Reds know that they will pay w/e it takes to sign him longterm.

So the deal is made of something like Bailey, Fraizer, Turner, Lecure or something similar.
    ...but come 2010 Alonso should be ready to step in....so where does he go? Votto can't go to LF with Holliday there. Do we try Alonso next year at 3rd alot more (despite scouting reports) Or is he traded in the offseason '09? Offensively if you move him to 3rd the lineup would be torturous on opponents, defensively, we better have a very strong defensive SS (please Cozart be ready in a year, and have found your offensive game this year, all he would need is .725 ish OPS with his D and the rest of the offense would carry plenty of the load...but thats a long shot)

What say you?
    I"m not sure what that has to do with it. We need a LF-er regardless. By that thinking we can't get one at all.

The bigger problem is what would they do if they were going after Texiera - which I don't think they will do, but has been discussed in RZ - since he plays 1B.

Alonso can also play 3B, so that's where he'd likely be headed in this scenario. Gee, what a problem to have - where to put our 3rd power hitting young, cheap, LH-ed bat. We're not going to trade a guy we just drafted the year before and gave a Huge SB to. Get real.

I wouldn't worry about where Alonso fits if we got a Holliday, it would be the least of my concerns.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Resident PED Expert

Plan A has to be Holliday, Plan B a very distant plan B would be Burrell and he better get nothing more than 2 years with a 3rd and maybe a 4th year mutual option. We have to many bats in the minors without postions that'll be ready that we can fit into LF to spend money on a declining hitter. Holliday on the other hand you go out and sign long term. Then you can trade those bats in the minors for pitching, shortstop and catching help.

Turn Off Ads?