Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Votto

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Votto

In a season of nothing inspiring, he continues to hit. He is looking more and more like an rbi guy. Batting closer and closer to .300.

Good to see he is still playing hard.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: Votto

He's been on fire lately and I will be very upset if the Reds FO trades him away during the offseason. Joey can just flat out rake and we really need players who are strong RBI guys on this team.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Next Year

I like Votto because too many people are looking for a Pujols or Delgado or Thome type guys to mash the ball like crazy. Votto won't command the money of those guys and will offer very solid, very cost effective production at a spot that is often overpaid.

At some point, will Dusty realize that Votto is the best hitter on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by big boy View Post
    At some point, will Dusty realize that Votto is the best hitter on the team?
    No.

I hear Dusty is going to play Patterson at first base tonight and give the hot hitting Votto some rest.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I hear Dusty is going to play Patterson at first base tonight and give the hot hitting Votto some rest.
    Bite your tongue!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?