Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How about something positive? - Votto for ROY?!?!

How about something positive? - Votto for ROY?!?!

I know Soto is the odds-on favorite, especially with his team set to make a WS run, but there lines are very similar:

Code:
       G  AB   R  H   2B 3B HR RBI BB K  SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS   
    127 449 60 132 32  2  21 80 57 112 0  0 .294 .371 .514 .886 
    129 445 54 131 24  2  17 67 44  87  5  5 .294 .360 .472 .832
    Who's who? I'll give you a hint - the guy with more Power and K's sits behind the plate.

I think Votto will have the better career, and if he could take a few more BB's, he'd be spectacular. I think he already leads all rookies with most multi-hit games (for sure 3+hit games).

He doesn't get any press, so probably a long shot, but IF we were making ANY noise - other than a Giant Sucking Sound - as an organization, he'd be up there for sure.

Thoughts?

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How about something positive? - Votto for ROY?!?!

I think especially with their numbers so close, that Soto being a catcher gives him a huge edge.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Soto will probably win it due to the Cubs factor but Joey should still get quite a few votes because of the solid year he's had this season. If I had my way he'd win the award for sure but I don't get a vote, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Soto has slightly better numbers at a much more premium position. I'd say it should definitely go to him.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Soto has slightly better numbers at a much more demanding position. I'd say it should definitely go to him.
    Soto all the way here I would think.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

the fact that Soto is one of the best defensive catchers in the N.L. and that hes just about even in every offensive category makes him a better choice for the award

Votto would have to Andre Dawson type number(1987) to even be considered...not gonna happen
    Reds fan since 1970

Still got a month to go. Come on Joey!
    Who's on first?

Soto wins, hands down. Soto plays for the Cubs, arguably the best team in baseball and has handled their pitching staff admirably. Votto plays for a very bad team and doesn't get the publicity and recognition Soto does. Soto established a name for himself early in the year by coming out of the gates strong. For a reason I can't understand Votto was platooned early in the year. In my mind Votto may be the Reds' MVP this year (Volquez as pitcher) and may be the better than Soto in the long term.

Turn Off Ads?