Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sesenta y Uno es muy bueno!

Sesenta y Uno es muy bueno!

LMAO! I love it!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Sesenta y Uno es muy bueno!

Ah, Bronson. My spanish is VERY rusty...I had to look up Sesenta. 61 for those of you in my boat. :O)

Yep, he's looked MIGHTY fine of late. And just think about all those "fans" who were ready to deal him at the ASB. Bandwagoners. :O)

For those that didn't catch him on the postgame, Bronson came out for an interviw and told Pecorro that in honor of his Hispanic heritage, he would only respond to the name of "Sesenta y Uno" (61) then turned around and he had it on a sign over Arroyo on the back of his Jersey. He said he would most likely change his name in the offseason. LOL
    Last edited by corkedbat; 09-05-2008 at 10:43 PM.

Sorry, but after the hatchet job Arroyo pulled (and is continuing to pull) on Dunn, I don't have a lot of respect for him.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Sorry, but after the hatchet job Arroyo pulled (and is continuing to pull) on Dunn, I don't have a lot of respect for him.

What's Spanish for "douchbag"? I'm hoping for something more colorful that the simple "cabron" or "hijo de puta."
    Actually, Bronson has won my heart with that!
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Agreed, where was it when Dunn was here? easy to attack someone when they are 2000 miles away.

Lets hope Arroyo is traded away for some good prospects this off season.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Agreed, where was it when Dunn was here? easy to attack someone when they are 2000 miles away.

Lets hope Arroyo is traded away for some good prospects this off season.
    I have no problem dealing Arroyo in the offseason, on two conditions: 1) he is part of a deal that brings a solid RH OFer or a slick-fielding young SS capable of hitting leadoff ; and 2) they sign a replacement FA starter of equal or greater value to take his place in the rotation.

I think the second item may not be possible though. While there are several suitable arms available (starting pitching may be the deepest position - qualitysise - in this year's FA crop). but I have serious doubts that any top starter would come here (given the GAB's growinf rep as alaunching pad) if they have another halfway competitive offer.

Volquez, Harang, Cueto and Arroyo stay intact though, unless a FA starter is signed. We don't have enough bartering chips to fill the position needs we have and acquire another frontline starter.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 09-06-2008 at 02:37 AM.

The "hatchet job"? Are you referring to that statement he made about Dunn being traded
    ...."A little bit because it came after the deadline. But he was going to be moved no matter what. I don't know if he told (the media) but he made it was no secret to us that he was looking for $100 to $120 million contract. I don't think this franchise is going to give out that kind of contract."
    Yes, I know Dunn refuted it. But why are we so quick to assume Bronson's lying and Dunn's telling the truth? I've yet to see either of them flat out lie. I'd prefer to give the Reds player the benefit of the doubt. Was there some other statement by Bronson that would constitute a "hatchet job" that I missed?

Why wouldn't Dunn look for a $100+ million contract? All agents start with highball numbers in negotiating. What Bronson Arroyo said could have been safely said by just about anyone. Of course Dunn is looking for that kind of money. He won't find it, but I'm sure that's where his agent will start in the negotiating process. It wasn't a hatchet job at all, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    ....And just think about all those "fans" who were ready to deal him at the ASB. Bandwagoners. :O)
    I've been ready to deal this guy since Krivsky basically gave him a huge raise for no good reason. Honestly, I've been ready to deal him even before that.

As has been pointed out, the Reds have a lot of needs and not many chips to deal. Pitching (in the form of Arroyo) might be the one thing they could deal to fill two holes. If Bronson were under his old contract I would think it would be a slam dunk. So, I'm happy he's pitching well---it ups his trade value.

There is also a hugh side value to trading Arroyo----the end of those horrid JTM commercials! :

Rem

I thought it was very clever of Bronson... playing off a certain WR of the Bengals...

How is he "continuing to pull" on Dunn? Have I missed something?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I also think Bronson is being given a bad rap here. Nothing he has said seemed a hatchet job on Dunn to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I also think Bronson is being given a bad rap here. Nothing he has said seemed a hatchet job on Dunn to me.
    I just found this in the SunDeck:

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN
    Arroyo was on with PDoc in the 1st half hour..was pretty blunt about Adam Dunn...said they didn't need a player hitting 40 home runs but only batting .230.....also said he was a liability in the field...I know this has all been said ad nauseum but 1st time I heard an ex-teammate say it.
    There could be some bad blood there, but it could also mean some things have been taken out of context or misquoted. I don't think it's important, one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I just found this in the SunDeck:

There could be some bad blood there, but it could also mean some things have been taken out of context or misquoted. I don't think it's important, one way or the other.
    It wasn't misquoted or out of context. I heard the interview. Arroyo did not name Dunn by name but he clearly said (not an exact quote) that the team needed outfielders who could hit with men in scoring position and didn't need 40 Home run guys who hit .230. He was pretty critical of the OF defense (not just Dunn either IIRC) as well. I agree with him about the defense.

I wanted the Reds to sign Dunn but I still think the Reds need Arroyo's innings to protect the rest of the staff (that means the other young starters that are here and on the way as well as the bullpen). Face it, he's been the team's best starter since early June.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

So what are you guys saying...Bronson should either keep his mouth closed when asked a question, or lie? I find it VERY refreshing for a pro athlete to speak his mind and state the truth at the same time. Nothing Bronson has said is untrue as far as I know. The Reds DON'T need a 40 HR guy. They DON'T need outfielders who can't hit for a halfway decent average. And they DON'T need piss-poor defenders in the outfield. Bronson's one of the few pro athletes willing to step up and say the things that everybody knows but won't admit.

And in regards to dealing Bronson...I again disagree. Yes we've got some promising young starters coming up, but they are VERY young. We've finally gotten to the point where we've got a pretty darned good rotation. Don't deal the established and successful ones. If you've got to deal a starter or two...deal a prospect. Besides...what exactly are our needs? A SS, CF & C. Correct? CF looks to be covered for the short & long run via our in-house kids (Dickerson, Stubbs, Cumberland, etc) and with vets backing them up if they falter (Freel, Hairston). SS looks to be a problem for next season possibly, but Keppinger is a pretty decent fall-back player with Gonzales also a short term solution possibly. With more young kids coming up soon (Janish, Valiaka, Rosales, Frazier, Soto, etc) that can shift our infield positioning (Phillips to SS with a kid at 2B). Catcher is looking "better" with Hanigan in there, but we could certainly use an upgrade there (Mesaraco?)...but that's the one position that pretty much every team is looking to upgrade, so the odds are we won't be able to significantly. So I vote that we stick with the youth movement and keep our core pitching staff. We've got a LOT of players coming off the books next year that will open up slots for the youngsters coming up. If we do try to fill those 3 voids, I'd like to see them filled by short term solutions and try to build from within.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 09-06-2008 at 03:21 PM.

Turn Off Ads?