Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals-Ravens Week One

Re: Bengals-Ravens Week One

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    This is a 3-13 team. Just an embarassment.

I can't believe the contempt I have for Mike Brown. The Bengals are the only team I've ever followed that I've considered just giving them up. If I thouht it was possible I would. I just don't think they're ever going to be good outside those one year flashes in the pants as long as Mike Brown is in charge.
    I have to agree with much of that. Honestly, for a team to be this bad for so long it's far, far outside the relm of normal possibility---a blind hog and all of that....

You really have to wonder if Mike Brown wasn't left on Paul Brown's doorstep in the middle of the night because for a father to be so brilliant and a son to be so stupid....well, there are no odds to describe this particular situation.

The City of Cinncinnati should declare eminent domain and take the team away from this inept, inbread buch of idiots.

Rem

2. Turn Off Ads?

It's all in the o line.

Its amazing the parallels between the Reds and Bengals. At one time both teams had all-world offenses and tried to outscore their opponents. Now that the pitching and defense(for Bengals) has seemingly improved the offense is gone.

Senor Votto

Between the Bengals and the Reds I'm going to go crazy

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I'm going to drink a lot this fall/winter...

which org is worse off?

About the only positive thing is that the O-Line blocked better on that last drive.

The sad thing is the Ravens are one the worst teams in the league this year, IMO. I think they're a 5-12 to 6-10 team.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Its amazing the parallels between the Reds and Bengals. At one time both teams had all-world offenses and tried to outscore their opponents. Now that the pitching and defense(for Bengals) has seemingly improved the offense is gone.
    I've said in the preseason the defense will not be the problem with this team. They aren't good, but they don't suck that bad anymore. This offense has been disappointing since the playoff year in 2005. And it all had to do with the offensive line. Carson is unstoppable if he gets time. Braham retired in 2006, they let Steinbach walk in 2007, and Willie gets old in 2008 and look at them now..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

The sad thing is the Ravens are one the worst teams in the league this year, IMO. I think they're a 5-12 to 6-10 team.
    I wish I had any confidence that the Bengals would be that good. (sigh)

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Young View Post
    which org is worse off?
    The Reds have an owner that deeply burns to win, and who has manifested that desire by authorizing various expensive moves. He has also gone out of his way to hire a top-quality general manager with a history of success.

The Bengals have Mike Brown, his buddies, and his kids.

You make the call.

Before todays "titanic struggle", I figured the Ravens would be a 3-13 team while the Bengals may have went 6-10 or 7-9.

I'm flip-flopping the two now.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

84 yards in the first half.....that's TOTAL yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I've said in the preseason the defense will not be the problem with this team. They aren't good, but they don't suck that bad anymore. This offense has been disappointing since the playoff year in 2005. And it all had to do with the offensive line. Carson is unstoppable if he gets time. Braham retired in 2006, they let Steinbach walk in 2007, and Willie gets old in 2008 and look at them now..
    Yep, and they drafted Ghiachuic, Whitworth, and Stacy Andrews to take the place.

Stacy Andrews is a guard playing tackle. Whitworth could be decent, but im not entirely sold on Ghiachuic.

I'm hoping we finish high enough to get Michael Oher. Am I allowed to dream?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    I wish I had any confidence that the Bengals would be that good. (sigh)

Rem
    Me, too. At least we can now get back to the Bengals fan annual tradition of wondering who they're going to take with one of the top 2 picks. That used to be the best part of following this team. This feels like home.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?